IFish Fishing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
There are reports for the sandy on the general fishing site. Looks slow. I'm going this weekend. Thinking about floating Oxbow to Dabney. Would be my first time drifting this section. Any help regarding hazards and shuttle service? :shrug:

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
Slow and low,
The Oxbow drift should be a good one this weekend, remember you can't fish from a floating device until you get to the power lines that are about a mile below the park. Stop and fish the deep holes in the park area from the bank, bobber and egg/shrimp combo is the way I would go there. There are no real bad spots on that drift. One skinny spot below the greek camp with a snag in the river but you can get by, just pay attention and you'll have no problem.

For a shuttle call; Sandy River Shuttle, Grant Brown at 503-312-9204.

JK

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
SLOW!

Put in at L&C this am and ran up and worked the holes hard, and nothing. I backbounced eggs, then diver and shrimp through each hole. Very little pressure this morning.

Good luck if you go and post a report!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I fished Cedar creek Thursday morning. Hooked three summers in my first 10 casts. Went home with a 7 & 11 pounder. I went out again this morning, not quite so good. I fished it for about an hour and a half and managed one more summer, bout 9 pounds. I fished from the mouth of the creek, didn't walk across. Got my fish all on spinners. This morning at 6:30 two better fishermen than me came back across from the island. Two chinook a piece, probably ranging from 10 to 20 pounds.

·
Registered
141 Posts
im thinking about going up to ceder creek tomarow i have heard of some good things up there or they could be lies but i hope not but if any body sees me tomarow i will be wearnig green chest waders and a grey hat so i hope i can see any of you IFISHERS out there.

·
Banned
74 Posts
In the future could you please, PLEASE not give specific locations? One guy mentions that cedar creek is hot and the next guy in the thread says, hey if it's hot I'll go! How many others are going to be there becasue of that?

Isn't it enough to say that you did well on the Sandy? It's really getting bad down there! This spring is starting to look like coho season already!

I'm glad that you did well there :smile: . I't's a great place but I rather not see it turn into Eagle Creek :sick: . I once liked going there on weekends but now it's just a zoo. Every little bit helps :cheers: .
bryan

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
In the future could you please, PLEASE not give specific locations?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Bryan,

I don't think that is why Jennie created Ifish! Yes, there is a lot of members on this board now, but come on, if someone wants to share locations let him, or her! I grew up on the property right above Ceder Creek and let me tell you there is not half the anglers fishing this area as there was 15 years ago.

It really burns me that you criticize ifishers like Radke, and we all wonder why there isn't as many informative posts on the main page anymore.

If you cant say anything nice don't say anything at all!

[ 05-16-2003, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: ANDYCOHO ]

·
Banned
74 Posts
First of all Andy, I was very polite and positive about my post. Unlike you and you e mail that you sent me. Here is the e mail I have awoke to this fine saturday mornong from AndyCoho.

Bryan,

It truly burns me that you criticize fellow ifishers that are just trying to share some information, like Randke. I have lived in Sandy all my 28 years and have fished every hole on the river, during every season. My parents still own property downriver from Ceder Creek and I'm good friends with the property owners directly above Ceder Creek (east side of the river).

Let me tell you there is not one secrect hole on the entire Sandy river, I have found people where I didn't think people could get too. Ceder Creek is by no means a Secret hole. There are a lot less people fishing it today than there was 15 years ago, and I think the anglers today are nicer and take better care of the river, shore and the fish than what I saw growing up!

Please don't criticize people in the future, no wonder people are afraid to post anything because of people like you harassing them!

Sooo, I will watch all of your post from now on and if you feel that you must harass people on the main board, I will just start harassing you about you harassing them!

Andy aka ANDYCOHO
[email protected]
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Quite obviously this person is threatening me and planning to stalk me on line. Wow your cool. So does that mean that I have my very own on-line OJ Simpson now? How mature are you Andy? Tough talk from behind the keyboard!

As for it being less crowded today than it was 15 years ago... all I can say buddy is that you must not fish the area now, or the memories of when you were 13 years old have failed you. BTW I will be forwarding your threatening and stalking e mail to the authorities. Have a nice day Andrew.
bryan

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Bryan,

Or you could just leave with your "I only come here to suck info and not share" attitude. From your number of posts you do not do alot of sharing, but are quick to jump on a guy for...THE SPRINGERS ARE IN AT CEDAR CREEK, ALSO SO ARE THE SUMMER STEELHEAD, LIMITS ALMOST DAILY. It's people like you that are ruining this board. The rest of us come here to share if you do not like that go away.

MH

·
Registered
491 Posts
really,now this is getting out of hand again.i don't post on negative topics but this zipperlip thing gets me.what really makes one river a zipper and not another?i have fished the Siletz for winters LONG before ifish started.now people post on that river all the time.i see people giving exact details on drifts and bank spots.some people say it is a zipper,some don't.and i must say,i have never seen so many DB operaters that don't have a clue as to common courtesy to other boaters.people will drift right over my water in front of me and then ask how the fishing is?they wonder why i don't say anything. i always leave room behind me and of course there is always room directly in front of me.people who do it right will always get a warm hello and a fishing report or needed tackle or bait.this is what happens when the rivers get overcrowded.ok,done venting.the river can take alot of pressure if everybody does it right. i guess my point is,we just need to get along and i think that there will always be those reports Bryan even with you asking nice(which you did).thank you NS

[ 05-17-2003, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: night stocker ]

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
If you can't play nice in public, please keep it to e mail.

Thanks,
Jen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.