IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be chartering a fishing trip around the 10th of June. Normally the guide runs out of Hammond. Is that a good time to be coming out from MT? Any suggestion?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sturgeon fishing should be good around June 10th. Maybe we will have an ocean fishery going on then for the nookers, to early to tell yet.......Bobber Down

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanted to do both sturgeon and salmon if possible. Sounds like the salmon won't be in that soon so maybe I'll be paying $135.00 to fish for sturgeon. Kind of expensive but still fun.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
sturgeon is great around astoria at that time. Ocean chinook could be open maybe. You'll have fun on gators though if you can't get out for salmon over the bar.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
FYI...this year the Astoria sturgeon fishery is on a quota system. While not likely, it is possible that it could close prior to the June 30 deadline. Given where your coming from, stay in touch with your charter to see if the fishery will remain open.

It is also possible that they will open summer Chinook again.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
It is a pretty good time for Summer Steelhead too!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Moved out here from Missoula myself some time ago ... never thought any type of fishing would replace having those big rainbows hit little triple teasers but you get a couple of big Chinooks or fast Coho's on line and you're hooked. :smile:
If you get a knowledgable guide/charter they can hook you up ... could even consider going out and up the coast for halibut ... a bit out but worth it. there is a fair bit of rock fish to be had out past the jetties that you can jig for, might be early for the coho's but the way the ocean has been the last couple of years, who knows for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts