IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
6,634 Posts
TTT

I'll be interested to see what people prefer.

Personally if it means getting lots of fish I'll gladly put up with the crowds ( I grew up fishing Oregon City)

If it means a river with a few less fish and less people that's what I'll pick as we can usually catch a lot of fish from such a place becuase you don't have as much people in the way or competing for the agressive fish.

If there are less fish and less people, then I'd rather choose A or B as I'm not out there just for a nice boat ride, I'm in it for catching too.

G

·
I like catching fish but that isn't the only reason I fish. I'd rather not fight the crowds and I was spoiled living in SE Alaska.

PS:
Dave,
I'll fight the crowds and help rescue crazy canoeists with you and your wonderful wife anytime :bowdown: And the next time I'll be able to walk.

[ 01-05-2004, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Keta ]

· Registered
2,235 Posts
You didn't offer the option I frequently choose when fishing: "Fish a stream (or lake) with little or no competition but a fair to good chance of catching fish".

Yes...that option still exists.

· Premium Member
14,602 Posts
I cut my teeth combat fishing on the Clack for silvers. As long as everyone is civil, plays by "the rules" and stays in rythym for the casting, it works out really well. When it goes well, there's a certain camaraderie among strangers that develops and it can be a really enjoyable experience. When it goes poorly, no one is happy regardless of how many fish are caught.

· Registered
824 Posts
To me none of them are options. Thats why I have a boat. I would never stand by a stream or river and fight a crowd of people. At least in a boat around a bunch of other boats it doesn't seem so bad. Besides, I have a heater in my boat.

G

·
Yep, like an entire watershed packed with 28"-38" steelhead and you and your party the only ones there :dance: If you don't consider the bears as fishermen.

· Registered
12,221 Posts
I am a social fisherman. Like Daybreak Park social. We sometimes just stand around yakking and taking our turns. Nobody cares too much if they even catch a fish.

At my age it's just nice to be upright and drinking coffee. :smile:

· Registered
3,470 Posts
I like to find fish where others don't look. Only problem is that eventually people see us catching fish and soon swarm in crowding out the spots I fished a few weeks beforehand in total isolation. So...when that happens...I'm off to find another...hopefully just as good, if not better spot.

Doing this helps me believe I'm a better fisherman..in that I'm able to find fish on my own...and not rely on "other's".

Mark

[ 01-06-2004, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: FishinMission ]

· Registered
10,527 Posts
What Mission said :cheers: Oh and dont even think of coming down a little lower next fall... thats my spot :wink: :tongue: :grin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.