IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be staying on the Siletz next week between Siletz and Logsden. I have never been there before, how fishable is that stretch of river?I intend on flyfishing from the bank(posted this on the ff board first but there was not response). Any advice would be of help. I am assuming that there will be at least some cutthroat fishing.

Thanks

BrokeItOff

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I'd have to say Cutthroat season is winding down. I haven't caught a Cutthroat on the Siletz in quite some time now. If you have the right fly, you'll get a steelie, though! Be careful, not much public access. There are a few parks, try those.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
very fishable. Twin Bridges has a little park with a boat ramp and some bank access both on the south side of the river. I'ts just inbetween Logsden and Siletz. There is the two boat ramps in Siletz and one just north of town all with a just a little room to cast. The best offering would be to hit Moonshine Park. That area plus a miles worth of bank access up the logging road (you'll have to stop there because beyond the road is closed) will take you a good day to fish if not more.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
very fishable. Twin Bridges has a little park with a boat ramp and some bank access both on the south side of the river. I'ts just inbetween Logsden and Siletz. There is the two boat ramps in Siletz and one just north of town all with a just a little room to cast. The best offering would be to hit Moonshine Park. That area plus a miles worth of bank access up the logging road (you'll have to stop there because beyond the road is closed) will take you a good day to fish if not more.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Cully has it right. Moonshine park is a great place to start if flyfishing. I'd head upriver from there. I think sometimes you can walk past the gate on the logging road, but I would double check. There is some excellent water up there if you can get to it. I usually fish a nymph setup with a stonefly nymph and a cab egg on a dropper and been very succesful. That method seems to work best in the low water conditions. Of course, I've swung up my fair share of chrome in that area also. Call the Scarlet Ibis in Corvallis for some help.

Steelie28

1 - 5 of 5 Posts