IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to get out on the jetties around the jaws at the mouth of Nehalem bay. I want to run up there one evening and see if I can hook into anything. I have been in the bay in a boat, but I don't have one available to me so I thought I would go out after work and try from the bank somewhere.

Thanks

FOD

[ 08-04-2003, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: FishOrDie ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
The South Jetty looks fairly easy to reach from the marina there. I have seen a lot of people fishing that area. You just have to cast between boats :shocked: I have heard that a chovie under a bobber might be worth a try! :cheers:

·
Registered
958 Posts
If you take the road to Nedona Beach (between Jetty Fishery and the High School)Follow the road to the end and there is a parking lot. Right next to the South Jetty. Good luck fishing and let us know how you did. I also have never seen anyone catch a fish other than bottom fish.

Good Luck Finz

5-cents : Nice to meet you the other day.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,
I am pretty much just shooting in the dark but I figured there is no harm in trying. hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will get out their in the boat. but for only a few hours in the evening I will try from the bank.

Thanks

FOD

·
Registered
956 Posts
FishorDie

Don't try to get to the end of the Jetty by the Marina. Rather, drive a little further to the South on 101,turn west into Nedonna. Drive West to the beach and turn North, drive to the end of the Road and there is a parking lot. You are now on the South side of the South Jetty and a lot closer to the West end.

Saves all that rock hopping.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Just stay off of the jetty tips. Stay back or you will become food for the denizens of the deep.

I see people out there all the time. I have never seen anyone catch a fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts