IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sep 13th at 10AM is the 12th annual fishing day for kids with disabilities, at the Whiskey Creek Volunteer Fish Hatchery. We have released all of our Spring CH and now have 1200 Rainbow trout, donated by the ODFW. We invite kids from all over Oregon and Wash. to join the fun. We supply every thing. Each child is allowed to keep 4 fish, they are cleaned and sacked to take home. The community puts on a great lunch at noon for all the fishermen and the volunteers. If you know of a child with a disability please invite them. Or if you know of a home for these kids, please contact them or let us know. We have between 4 and 500 kids show up for this event. the Tillamook Anglers look forward to this special day! It brightens our day as much as it does these very special people. Please feel free to give me a call or email for more information. [email protected]--503-842-6519-cell 503-812-1572-thanks, Jerry

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Jerry, i hope to make the trip down there in honor of my friend White Willie. Anyone from the metro area who would like a ride, please shoot me an e-mail.

·
Administrator
119,640 Posts
I'll be there!
If you can only do one thing that helps the fisheries and the people, go to this event!
It's one of the best, "feel good" events of the year!

Come on down and lend a hand!

You won't know who you are doing the most good for, yourself, the fish, or others! :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
756 Posts
I forwarded the word to our school district's "Adventures Without Limits" program. Brad Bafaro ([email protected])works with the district's kids. It's a great thing you're doing.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SKP---- That is GREAT news. Hope you bring him again this year. We see so many that are not that lucky. Hope to see you Sat. Jerry

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Last year, a friend of mine took his young son there and family, and had a blast catching fish. Luke B. has or should I say had leukemia. He took his last of his 39 months of chemo last week! :dance:

Now they will watch him for a couple years, and if nothing, then he will be pronounced "CURED".

This is a great event, don't miss it!

YAHOO!

SKP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts