IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody fish for salmon in the bay or do any crabbbing there??? we are staying at buddies place and we want to do some fishing and crabbing to pass the time.... thanks for any help.. kb

·
Registered
501 Posts
BUG_FLICKER,
I have never fished Willipa Bay, but I have heard that it produces some big fish this time of year. A friend of mine has been doing really well in the Naselle for the last week or so. Crabbing should be good also, but from what I understand, you need to launch up around South Bend or Raymond. Lots of private oyster beds to watch out for. Hope that helps.

love2fish

·
Registered
846 Posts
Willapa Bay is Ok for crab, but keep in mind they must be 6", males and the limit is 5 a day. If you have a boat, put in at Ilwaco or Fort Canby, and crab in Baker bay or just outside of "A" Jetty, the limit and size restrictions in the CR are the same as Oregon. The guys that are fishing are catching a few late fish from buoy 10 , upriver. A fun thing to do is surf fish morning incoming tides after the first night of clamming. all of the small and broken clams that are discarded by people breaking the law, usually bring in a lot of Pogies. Fishing is usually excellent during razor clam days.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
A friend of mine who lives in Naselle has me coming up this weekend to fish Tidewater in the Naselle. I'm bringing my driftboat. He fishes the incoming tide. My concern which he says is not a problem is that I will be trolling with a minn kota 36 pound thrust. I'm wondering if any on you have a opinion if you think that's just not enough power. My buddy uses a 50 pounder but says he did fine when he used is 36. Being that fishing will be on the incoming I can see how it might work out fine and I'm being over cautious. Any one out there want to offer their opinion and or experience I could greatly use it.

[ 10-01-2003, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: cully ]

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
TTT please

1 - 5 of 5 Posts