IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard on ESPN the state of Mississippi is taking away hunting and fishing liscense from non paying child support people. It said about 700. Wow.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Its like that now in washington, If there is a judgement against you, when you give them your SSN it well kick it back and not let you get one till its fixed

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
As a father of two children, I fully agree that parents are obligated to pay their child support. But we are headed down a slippery slope here and everyone should see it coming.

In the near future disclosing your social security number will be required for most everything. Virtually anyone(FBI, CIA, Police, Judges, Game Wardens, Politicians, Federal, State, & County employees) will be able to monitor your every move. What's wrong with that you say? As long as you don't do anything wrong you have nothing to worry about, right?

Who decides what is wrong? Maybe your neighbor the county employee decides you are a bad neighbor... Maybe the political party in charge decides that you are a bit too outspoken(that's never happened right?).... Maybe the FBI decides that your wife's nephew's friend is a shady character and you should be investigated.... Do you really want this full access to your every move?

Tell me now, if someone was watching you 24/7 don't you think they would be able to find something if they wanted? Maybe a rolling stop at a stopsign? 42 in a 35? What websites have you visited? What books have you read? What did you buy that paint thinner for?

I'm really not the paranoid citizen I portray here, in fact I've never been to court for any reason and seriously doubt I ever will, but I do however find it important for ordinary American citizens to question governmental authority and reject giving up constitutional rights on a whim.

So by collecting social security numbers of all the hunters and fishermen in Mississippi, they were able to take away 700 licenses. Hooray! Did this help them pay their child support or more likely force many of these 700 to fish and hunt illegally? Well good... now we can arrest them! Will this help them pay their child support? Exactly what was accomplished?

Am I the only one out here that thinks we are on the wrong path with these witchhunts?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am all in favor of this. I am a big beleiver in personal liberties, but I see no infringment here. The state has the responsibility to collect child support. The state issues fishing licences. Soooo, it makes perfect sense to me for them to cross check existing record to look for ways to collect child support.

This is not an additional gathering of information or spying on us. They need to have this inforemation and they already have it. All they are doing is a data match.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Im sure glad i pay my child support. I live in washington also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts