IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try and ambush some springers on Wednesday, wanted to know if there are any "tricks of the trade" at the boat ramp, or any hidden obstacles that I need to be aware of in the St. Helens area.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If the tide is in the last of the outgoing, the chanel between the launch and the boat dock gets a little thin. Other than that I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. SPACE FISH

[ 04-08-2003, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Space Fish? ]

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
If you launch at Bayport, stay to the left of the pilings after you leave the marina. And, as always, watch out for wingdams. There's also a bunch of submerged pilings at the northern tip of Sauvie's, so don't cut the corner when leaving/entering the CR from the channel.

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Originally posted by 1pump:
stay to the left of the pilings after you leave the marina.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">AMEN! I spent last April doing boat repair after pulling a "stupid boat trick" out there. Coulda been worse. Green-left?-uhOH-wham!

·
Registered
17,500 Posts
Good advice there 1pump, when the river gets really low, I'm always surprised at both:

1)how far out the pilings extend.

2)that I don't see more boats stranded there with smashed props/lower units.

I'm really paranoid about that spot and give it an extra wide clearance, coming and going from the Channel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.