IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Fishin with Wildhawg (AKA Monkey Boy) yesterday. Talk about freaky - after a really really dead morning with nothing to show for the first 6 hours of back bouncing / pulling divers / plunking slots and chucking bobbers. We were less than 2 minutes from pulling out at the boat ramp (everybody else bot one boat went home already) when we chucked a bobber out for one last cast.

Bobber down! Then proceeded the best bobber bite I have seen in a long time for the next hour and a half or so. Every second or third cast would produce a fish. A lot of biters that were just messing with the bait and doinking the bobber for like 8 or 10 seconds without ever pulling it under. We were set at 9.5 feet in a 20+ foot deep hole with no rocks. 12 bobbers went down 'hard' for 4 fish boated in very clear water under a overhead bright sun on the hottest afternoon of the year thus far. 96 degrees on the water.

Fish were still rollin when we pulled out. My man Hawg put on a clinic by nailing his two fish IN ONLY 2 FREAKING CASTS - I, on the other hand, took a more leasurly pace. :wink: Which made me 2 fish for 11 bobber downs and about 30 casts. :hoboy: (I had the rubber hook thing going.)

The conditions absolutly sucked for bobberfishing - every other boat but one had given up and gone home. The only other boat there had fished that spot from 4 AM till we showed up and didn't see a single fish hooked for a dozen boats and a buncha bankies that had either fished through or sat on the hole during the day. Just goes to show you that you never know. :grin:

UG

[ 06-07-2003, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Uglygreen ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
I dont know what to say, but dont gut the big white one... I think that one is a nate! :shocked: :shocked: :wink:

Great job! :cheers:

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
LOL........my wife said it looks like Playgirl spread. I almost fell out of my chair.

Sorry....had to share that.

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,260 Posts
Uhhhm..... Not enough sun screen? Or maybe clothes? :wink:

Cool story.

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
To the tune of the Village People's YMCA:

Young man, oh we have what you need.
I say young man, to make the fish bleed.
Well young man, those fish are real nice.
But when those bobbers go down you better set the hook twice.

Or we'll be singing MADD MAGAZINE, MADD MAGAZINE, you can buy suntan lotion, even attractive cloth'in or a copy of MADD Magazine.
:grin:
Playgirl? :sick: NOT! Maybe a greeter at the local Walmart. :wink: Although Ruth seemed quite taken with the picture. :cheers:

The sad part is I was eating lunch when I saw this picture. Not hungry anymore :hoboy:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Ooooohhhhh....I like it when you talk dirty to me :grin: :rolleyes: :tongue:
As for my Chippendale figure--some of us got it, some of us don't :cool: .
It was indeed a strange day to say the least. Never seen a more unlikely situation right itself in such a short time. One minor correction--I believe it was 8 hours of fishing without a bite (5:00-1:00)!!!
You can't know how frustrating it was to watch Brad farm so many bites while I had to sit on my hands :shocked:
:hoboy: .
It was truly a horoscopic, galactic, hypnotystical, meteorological, metaphysical convergence of humongous proportions :party
It was akin to the time my friend "Slappy" removed the fishless moniker from his name on the day of the biggest solar ring I've ever seen, then rained huge drops from a cloudless sky...really.
As for you Bradley--I'll get you my little pretty...and your little dog too!!!! AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pay backs are a BEACH Senor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
:shocked: Very very cool! I wish I had found some action like that, and the fishing looked great too. :sick:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I'm starting to feel like that guy on Jenny Jones who got trapped by the secret admirer gay guy.
Don't be lookin' at me like that boy :mad: !!
It's hell being a husky size swim suit model--but God did give me a gift, and I guess I'll just have to learn to live with it.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Looks like a Burt Reynolds Impersonation Conest! :laugh: :shocked: :shocked:

We need the FishingGeek to whip you up a new Avatar out of that like he did for Fishnxtc.... :laugh: :laugh:

[ 06-13-2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: skrimmy ]

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm starting to feel like that guy on Jenny Jones who got trapped by the secret admirer gay guy.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Uhhhhhh... Wildhawg, I don't know that a man in your 'position' should be admitting to watching Jennie Jones. :blush: :laugh: :blush:

UG

[ 06-13-2003, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Uglygreen ]

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
nice fish i cant say the same about the pic :rolleyes: :grin:

[ 06-13-2003, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Quick Fisher ]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts