IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had teacher conferences for 3 of my kids and had promised to take my daughter fishing. So after a late start I decided we'd still go. we trolled for quite a while and gabby was getting bored so I started to point out things and make things that we see on the river a little cooler.
Like Hey look at that Heron Kinda neat lookin. see those holes over there, last time I was here I saw river otters... So here we are enjoying the scenery and I look over and my pole is doing the dance of death.... I really wanted her to have a chance with the rod but by the time she reeled up the other rod the fish was at the boat. She was a big help though. she held the net for me and helped untangle the fish after the net job.

so I am trying to call it her first salmon but she won't have it..... she says its my fish... I still wanted to get her picture with "our fish"
so here it is.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Cool! Looks like you did better than me. I took three of my kids to Detroit yesterday, and they each lost a couple of fish, but didn't get anything to the bank. I really didn't get a line in the water. We did have fun, though.

happybrew

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Awesome, Baitboy!

I know that thing where they won't let you give them the responsibility of catching the fish. That's cool. There's more trips ahead.

·
Registered
657 Posts
My daughter is 9, and she's actually caught alot of fish for her age. But this year she hit a milestone. She caught a fish all on her own. I mean, she cast out the rod, set the hook, played the fish into the net, and unhooked it and took it out. She was so proud, so consider it her "first fish". She even set the rod up, and tied the lures on. So, even better. Here's her first fish all on her own. Cookie cutter silver off the Puyallup.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That is awesome, this is what fishing is all about! I look forward to the day I get to take my kids fishing. Thanks for sharing the story for those of us who aren't there yet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts