IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fisherman's Marine must have heard about the Sportsman's Warehouse opening and the coupons. They came out with a 8 page flyer in the Sunday Oregonian with 8 coupons, 4 on the front and 4 on the back, offering $5, $10, $20, and $40 off on purchases. Don't throw away the stack of ads. Between the 2 places, there's a whole lot of excuses to go shopping. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Interesting ??

I did not receive an ad from Fisherman's in the Oregonian this morning. It's always the second thing I look for after making the coffee and reading the sports page.

I pose these questions....

Did the Oregonian dealer screw up and not insert the ad into my copy ?

Did Fisherman's not purchase my zip code in which to advertise, "97223" betting that 82nd drive ( Sportsmans ) is a long way from my home.

I would be interested to see who received an ad and who didn't. Simple mistake or a targeted marketing ploy.

At the end of the day we as consumers will be better off with more competition at the retail level.

Pearl :grin:

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I picked one up from FM today. What I don't understand is I spend thousands of dollars a year in fishing gear, and I did NOT get a coupon in the mail to the Sportsman's warehouse. :depressed: Go Figure. :whazzup:

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
:laugh:

Noclass, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the FMI ad in the paper today. (My Sportsman's coupon is in standby mode- stuck to the refrigerator)
What's weird is that I didn't get a GI Joe's ad in my paper. I live 20 blocks from both Joe's and Sportsman's, and dead center between the two FMI's.
Did you notice the blurb at the top of the back page of the FMI ad? It starts out:

"As a local NW family owned company......."

Nothing like being subtle. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
1pump,

You know, I don't ever remember getting a Joes ad and a FM ad on in the same Sunday paper. It seems like they only publish one or the other. I wonder why?

D.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Didn't get a Joes ad either. Looking forward to the 19th and hoping all three outlets come out with some smokin ads. Nothing like a few lost leaders to get people in the stores.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Joes doesn't necessarily have an ad flyer every week. They skip'em quite often.
Didn't get one either today.
Went to Sportsmans today and lost $40 in the process. :smile: Great selection of the lures I was looking for- and at least competitive prices.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I got the Fisherman's ad today, but no G.I. Joes. Did get a Joes in last Sundays paper though.

Dipnet :grin:

[ 07-13-2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Dipnet ]

·
Registered
151 Posts
I went to Fishermans today and tryed to use the $10.00 off coupon and you have to purchase one singal item for $50.00 or more to get the $10.00 off. At Sportsmens your total purchases just have to add up to $50.00 to get the $10.00 off. just. Read the small print on the Fishermens ad. ******************Buyers Beware*****************

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Yeah, but did you notice that the FM free line coupon does NOT have an expiration date (evil grin here)? How many did you get out of the recycle bins? Free Trilene for life!!!!

D.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Got the FMS ad in Aloha. No Joe's. Joe's did have adds in the past two Sunday papers though. I was at Joe's yesterday and they were setting up tents. I think it is time for their big sidewalk sale or something this coming weekend. I would bet we see an ad midweek.

I haven't been to FMS lately, but it appears that Joes has added additional staff and given the customer service speech to its staff in anticipation of Sportsman's Warehouse. I was actually asked by several employee's if they could help me.

·
Registered
13,595 Posts
I've noticed the last few months the significant change in the customer service AND the stock/selection in the fishing area of GI Joes. I would bet this board had something to do with that, there's been enough "Bash GI Joes" threads that we were heard!

TR

·
Registered
846 Posts
Never saw any ads down here at the coast,,,but my son bought an Oregonian out of a box in Long Beach and brought me the FMI ad for perusal. I think my complete home intertainment center spirits the ads off to the recycle sack without letting the ol man ever see em :shrug:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
So I was at FM today trying to use the free line coupon and they are out of most of the sizes that I use. Also, the coupon does not have an expiration date on it but they have a sign that says that they expire on the 27th like all of the others.

D.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
yeah i am pretty much done with FMS. Have you ever tried to return something there? You have to go to the department and have them "approve" your return. What a pain!! I hope Sportsmens has a better policy.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I got the FMS ad in Beaverton. If you look at their ad date's they are 2-week ads . They only come out twice a month.

GI Joe's is ususlly every week, but not always.

No different than a Costco or a WalMart moving into a neighborhood to keep the local competition on their toe's.

Never pay retail :dance:

·
Registered
499 Posts
I went to Sportmans today. Wow. Talk about buyer beware. The pricing stinks. I was so displeased that I tore up my ten dollar cupon and disposed of it in the trash. All that cool atmosphere and appeal does absoutely nothing for me on the river. There were very few items that were lower in price than the local area stores. I found quite a few items that were grossly over priced. Just one for example was the Coleman 150qt cooler. Sportmans $85, G.I Joes $65, Costco $59 for the Coleman max cold which is a step up. I was really looking forward to some awesome pricing. Hoping they would give Fisherman's and G.I Joes a run for their money. Maybe it will just take some time to figure it out. It's my feeling that first impressions go along way. They should have hit the market with a block buster Grand Opening. Something that would have stole the hearts of Sportsman and struck fear in the other retailers.

For what it's worth. Just my .02 cents or more.

SPACE

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Where is everyone getting these coupons for Sportsman's Warehouse?
I got the FMS coupons in the paper. You can allways get the add for Joes at the store. If they have coupons advertised they will give you one if you ask for it.
st

1 - 20 of 21 Posts