IFish Fishing Forum banner

If there was a Fisherman’s Swap Meet, would you consider participating?

• Yes

• No

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a swap meet that takes place yearly in the NW Oregon/SW Washington areas?

I’ve accumulated gear over time. Much, I’ll never use and don’t have a natural person to hand it over/down to. It could help others.

I’d like to clear out that stuff. Not as much about getting something for it, but would like to ease the cost to get gear to people who could use it and appreciate it.

If there isn’t a local swap meet - Any chance a person with a fishing passion and time would like to pull something like this together?

The right day/location could make for a successful experience getting people together with experiences to share.

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
During the early days of IFish, the Assoc of NW Steelheaders put on a swap meet....I think it was at the Washington Co Fairgrounds....and it was awesome.

I came away not only with money in my pockets from selling stuff but also made a couple lifelong friends.

Reactions: Wreckless

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Years ago folks met close to the OCEAN yearly show. I still have a cool knife I bought, and several nice ling lures that were angle cut blue metal lures. I wish we still did that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
728 Posts
I can't think of a swap meet. Badly needed. The NFLCC (National Fishing Lure Collectors Club) has 2 regional shows per year. Room trading for members on Thurs-Friday and the show starts Saturday morning, and is then open to the public. It's been held at the Red Lion in Kelso, prior to Covid. The shows are on the 1st Saturday in April and the fall show is on the 1st Sat in Nov. Great times, Great tackle and Great people.

Reactions: Joek
1 - 8 of 8 Posts