IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a young man to take under my wing. My health is failing and my fishing days are pretty much done. Been selling some gear, bout half is sold and about $5K in proceeds, who knew. I am looking for someone in their 20-30's, that is local to me I can teach. I have 40 years of knowledge to share with the right person, and when I improve there catch by 200%, a piece of fish now and then for Janey would be nice. I have 2 in AK, 2 in WA and 1 in OR and he is now a Springer High Liner on the Trask but still have some time in my limited time left. You need to be a good person, my knowledge and egg cure, so my rules, I want somebody that is worthy, opens doors for women, a good work ethic, and has manners. If your interested write me at [email protected], I fish Mentor in the subject line and tell me the last time your passed it forward or did a good thing just for the pleasure of doing it. Also some fishing experience . I have some gear, rod or 2 and reel or 2 if I find the magical person. Basically I want to adopt somebody in the fishing world. But you have to be special and very honest.

·
Registered
7,767 Posts
You beat me to it. But I would have to be 40 years younger. What an incredible opportunity for the right person. Very generous of you to pass it on Steve. Somebody will be blessed with a ton of knowledge. I am glad to see that, that knowledge wont just go away! Hope you find the gem you are looking for!

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I am sure you will find the right person, You are a great person and wish I was young enough to go under your wing. It has always been great to see you and talk to you over the years. I hope you get a chance to try the ceviche.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Really good to see people still willing to pass on their knowledge. If I was 10 years younger I would be writing you that email. Hope you find your grasshopper.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Pretty cool FB! I’ve admired you for years in tidewater. Kind man, great fisherman. If you ever want out on the water, I’ll have a seat for you sir.
For those that don’t know Steve, this is a great opportunity.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
That’s awesome and it’s good to see people sharing something they love with a complete stranger. I try to pass my fishing knowledge off to as many young people as possible. If we as fishermen quit doing that, fishing may not have a future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts