IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what it would take to get webcams installed in the fish counting rooms at some of the fish ladders? I'm thinking Bonneville and Willamette Falls to start. Just an idea I had, any thoughts on what it would take to get it done?

Something like this:

UG

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Its just a matter of having the funds. You could just use a regular webcam plugged into a computer but I doubt BPA would want it on their network.

Or just order a DSL line and a IP ready camera and you wouldnt need the PC. Then you could link the IP adress to this site and watch fish go by all day.

With the industry that I am in I could also install a 360 degree pan, tilt and zoom camera with 22x optical and 5x digital zoom, but I think thats a little much. :grin:

AL

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
You would need money and the cooperation of government agencies. Have a good time.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I looked into this back in the spring. Was just about ready to solicit iifhers and others to pay for it when I got side tracked. :shrug:

Anyway, I called the hatchery at Bonneville and eventually tracked down the network guy.(unfortunately I cannot find his info any more) He was very receptive to the idea. Just needed someone to fund the equipment and circuit. I don't have time right now to pursue this project but if somebody does, the hatcheries are willing. :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts