IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to make some Sweet Chipotle Dressing from Chevy's cookbook. Put it on shredded cabbage, best if made the day before....
Use it as the salad for fish taco's.

1 Tbs. diced yellow onion
1 Tbs. chopped garlic
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes (I peel and remove seeds first. Blanch the tomatoes first and the skin slips off)
2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
2/3 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. honey
2 Tbs. Chipotlee puree (see note on bottom)
1/2 cup olive oil

Put all ingredients in a blender and process till smooth. Will keep for 5 days.

* note: Buy the Chipotle chilies in Adobo sauce in a can. Usually found in the mexican food section in grocery stores. I get mine at Winco. Just toss the can in your food processor and puree. If you don't have a food processor, just chop finely. I keep a pureed container in my fridge at all times and just take a teaspoon or so out to flavor foods, sauces, salsas, mayos, whatever.....

· Registered
23,212 Posts
I'm getting ready to make some Sweet Chipotle Dressing from Chevy's cookbook. Put it on shredded cabbage, best if made the day before....
Use it as the salad for fish taco's.

1 Tbs. diced yellow onion
1 Tbs. chopped garlic
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes (I peel and remove seeds first. Blanch the tomatoes first and the skin slips off)
2 Tbs. chopped cilantro
2/3 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. honey
2 Tbs. Chipotlee puree (see note on bottom)
1/2 cup olive oil

Put all ingredients in a blender and process till smooth. Will keep for 5 days.

* note: Buy the Chipotle chilies in Adobo sauce in a can. Usually found in the mexican food section in grocery stores. I get mine at Winco. Just toss the can in your food processor and puree. If you don't have a food processor, just chop finely. I keep a pureed container in my fridge at all times and just take a teaspoon or so out to flavor foods, sauces, salsas, mayos, whatever.....
Won't the can hurt the food processor? Do you leave the chillies in the can when you do this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.