IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guitgary here, those wanting to join the "sober team"...please email me. In reading the thread, I see several folks who wish to join, but cannot figure out how to email them. Send me an email at [email protected] if you wish to be put on the list. My goal is to coordinate the list and send out an email with the list of names. We can then move forward in planning this thing.

I want to thank Fish Freak for making the first post. Regardless of your situation...I know that fellowship has kept me on track for almost 15 years.

Send those emails folks...even if you responded to the post already.

Gary

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
TTT

·
Registered
228 Posts
So what is it exactly that we are planning? A get together, meeting, fishing team? I am lost here. Let me know. I am on the list but am out in the wind as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fast Action,

I really don't know where this will all lead. The idea is to form a group or ??? with the idea of sharing some fellowship and sobriety. Right now, we have approx 14 people on the list...pretty good start! I see fishing trips...bar-b-ques etc starting from this whole thing. I, for one, am not much of a "joiner", but would welcome a group like this.

To make a long story short...we'll see where this take us.

Thanks,

Gary

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Hey! Even getting together to get a bite to eat is fun. When I was not working swings I would hit the Friday meeting at St Vincent Hospital and we would all go out as a group after. Sometimes more recovery happened there at the table. BBQ's and even fishing retreats would be a blast. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in helping.

David

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, I agree. Some of the best get togethers start this way. Like others, some of the best meetings I've been to are after the meeting! :wink:

Gary, I sent you an email to add me to the list.

Take care,
Larry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts