IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carrot:

We began our day in the dark, running up to the upper bobber holes of a favorite river, the Nehalem. We wanted badly, to test some new egg cures we have been working on and they looked great in the water. After long hours of watching the bobbers silenting floating with the tide, we were like, let's go to the South Jetty!
We got out there and found quite a nice bite. Trolled by some of my crew and they hoisted up this 37 lber.....

Now thats a nice fish.
We got our baits down and began the slaughter. We hooked 7, landed five and kept three KIROMERS!

The whole carrot crew was there, and we had a great day.

Details:
Brined herring from Lyster's, Blue and Purple.
5 foot leader with a snubber in the middle. 2.5 foot dropper with 8 oz of lead. 2 cranks off the bottom in the south jetty hole. Incoming tide.

[ 09-13-2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: ZaQ ]

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
Bill and I have done fairly well, hanging close to the jetty on those incoming tides...

HOWEVER, make sure you know what you are doing. You have to watch every move with your boat, fishing in this manner.

I'm posting this so that people who haven't tried it, might watch others closely, to see how it's done before they try it. It's not a relaxing way to fish! You really have to be on your ball game with your boat.

It can be dangerous.

Oh, and by the way... (edit) Nice fish and thanks for really, really sharing! Can't ask for more than that!!!

:dance:

Jen

[ 09-13-2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
:whazzup: Who's that dude with the big white head :whazzup:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Administrator
41,374 Posts
Why, that has to be "El Gourd-O"!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Fishing for those URB's is Fun and easy but we needed a brake from the big CR, some might say why leave fish to find fish, off to Tillamook we go.....now that's more like it fun, Fast & furious, get ready friends it's almost time for the real pigs.

(Scratchy deep voice)
Thanks for the great day on the water :wink:

Bobby

[ 09-13-2003, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: big n bright ]

·
Registered
395 Posts
Very nice, job well done Carrots. Great pics and info.

Later Geoff

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Nice going guy's.
Looks like Shane is a bit sea sick kind of flushed.

[ 09-13-2003, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Small Fry ]

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Very nice ZaQ
Keep those pics and reports coming!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Dampainter must have been getting to many fumes
Maybe if you read the reports and not just looked at the pictures or maybe that is the problem READING :shrug: Had a great day with the carrot clan even if shane was only there in disguise :laugh: . Thanks for sharing :dance: Nice fish

[ 09-14-2003, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: fishnxtc ]

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Look at that bottom picture at the end of the leeter on the bobber pole it looks like half a carrot on there.. See it is true

Nice Fish... :cheers:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Gotfish?
You are observant but, that Carrot you see is actually a big fat Sandshrimp that we got from Marie. This was our first bobber trip, were experimenting with the Carrot milk in our cures, the carrot milk gets added at the curing stage, the eggs seemed to absorb the milk OK and I think it went well.

We need a few more trips to give it our seal of approval, we can't call it a total success with on good trip.

We'll post with further results.

Thanks for caring :smile:

Big n Bright

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Terry,

Did not fish but talked to someone that had. No specifics but know that they did put over 3 fish in their box.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey I saw you guys down there this weekend. i think I passed you in the forks when your were heading out. Good to see you guys. How often do you fish the Nehalem. I have a place on the river and am always looking for a fishing partner.

Later,

Nice going!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts