IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the pleasure of anchoring between Dipnet's boat and Tacklebuster's boat today. Thanks for letting us anchor there and great job on the fish. :smile:

Mrs. Tacklebuster with a BIG fish. (Catch and Eat's boat in the background, blue with yellow stripe on the smoke stack. :laugh: :laugh: )

Mr. Dipnet with another beauty.

We didn't use Carrot Milk, just a little Cucumber Vinagerette with a touch of Tabasco Sauce.

Thanks again. :cool:

[ 09-13-2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Spooled ]

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Spooled,
It was nice meeting you and talking with you a while. You guys did pretty good today as well. We ended up with three in the box and two lost at the boat before it was over. We had another 5 pound downs that didn't stick. We got our last URB about 10 minutes after Bernie anchored next to us. For those that will put their two cents in about my wife's fish being a Tule, it cut OK and will be good for the smoker. The eggs were the biggest I have seen and it gave her a 15 minute tussle worth remembering. Have fun in Seatle Spooled and I apoligize if I seemed a little cranky when you pulled up next to us. I am used to bone heads pulling up, hitting my boat, using loud profanity in front of my daughter, and other things that usually end up in me blowing my stack. You guys were a pleasure and are welcome next to me anytime :cool:

Dipnet- Congrats on your hubbies fish and I'm glad day two of operation URB was a success :cheers:

Fortywinks- It was a pleasure as always and I'm glad you guys got one :cheers:

Kingfisher- You gave it your all bro, your due next time. Did you tell the guy in the North River to take off the price tag? The only thing newer than that boat was the combined experience of the people inside
I'm glad no damage was done and the fish was landed.

[ 09-13-2003, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Tacklebuster ]

·
Administrator
119,508 Posts
I know where you were! On the Columbia!

I want to go back there! That was SO fun the other day! I love the community feeling of all the boats in a hog line.

Reminds me of my childhood days with my Dad.

Jen

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Thanks for the pics, Spooled, and as Tacklebuster said, you guys did okay too!! Nice visiting with you! My hubby ended up with our only keeper for the day. I had one good takedown and then it was gone, and a couple of hits.

Nice meeting Spooled, Catch and Eat, Kingfisher, Fortywinks and anyone else I might have forgotten. It was fun fishing next to you all the last 2 days!!

The CV/Tabasco really seemed to do the job!!!!!!

Dipnet :grin:

3,877 Posts
Looks like another great day Chris.

Lets hook up soon. I am hearing good things regarding Tillamook.

Take Care.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I hope 40 winks isnt upset with us. the new boat next to us took about 3 minutes before he realized what he was reeling in. Then he didn't release the anchor for 15 minutes, while my friend was holding their boat off ours the whole time. Then they pushed us into 40 winks boat. We thought this must have been a HOG. :whazzup: Then they pulled up a 15 pounder :whazzup: , after I thought was about a 2 hour fight(actually 20-25 mins).

Right before they landed the fish they finally let off the anchor rope with out starting the motor, then they yelled,"NOW WHAT DO WE DO" seriously!! I told them to start the motor and get it into reverse, and at this time the wind was pushing that boat right at Tacklebuster and he was outa here!!! Everyone in the line took off like a hurricane was comin'. When they got back, they asked if they scared everyone off.
I just smiled and said"nice fish".

I would have had too many things to say, so it was best to just bite my lip. I just think that it is a good idea to spend time with a guide or experienced fisherman for a while before taking out a fifty thousand dollar boat. That would be like going off a cliff with a snowboard in the middle of summer without any lessons.

Anyway, be careful who is next to you in the next hogline your in! It could be THEM :shocked:

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Terry- I'm looking forward to a South Jetty Nook Slam on the mighty Hog Hunter. I was cleaning fish at my neighbors when you called. I'll get in touch with you tomorrow.

KingFisher- :laugh: :laugh:
Those people were clueless
I was up in my bow with a few choice words to say but luckily I didn't get a chance because they finally pulled their heads out of their arses and backed away. I knew the minute they threw anchor next to you it was time to pull out the popcorn and enjoy the show. My favorite part is when they decided to toss the anchor, after the fish was played out, and 467 feet of rope went behind them with their float
I guess that is one of the main reasons I am so grumpy when someone pulls up next to me I don't know in a hog line.

[ 09-13-2003, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Tacklebuster ]

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like I left for Seattle at the right time. I saw that North River boat pull up from down river, and thought they might be out for the first time.

Too bad Catch and Eat didn't get any fish for his kids, they would have enjoyed it after driving to St Helens via Bonneville :grin: :rolleyes:

My customers had a good time and took home their fish so it was a good day. When I get home from Seattle tonight I will putting new drag washers in the reel my customer used to reel in his fish with out help from the rod. :shocked: It is hard to coach someone when their adrenaline is pumping on their first salmon.

Tacklebuster, no offense taken when we first anchored. I am the same way, I try to keep my boat in nice shape and the last thing you need is someone banging into it. I saw the IFISH sticker on your boat and new you would be OK after we talked. It was great meeting you and your family. I really enjoyed your wifes "fish alarm" when she got one on. :grin:

Dipnet, I told you husband we would get out in the driftboat this winter. Keep in touch.

Troy

PS: Thanks Get Bent (Scott). We need more people like you around. :smile:

·
Registered
644 Posts
KingFisher-heck no it was no fault of yours, I was trying to get my riggin back in the water after landing that fish and when I looked up, there was company all around. I figured when they anchored so close to you to start with and I saw thier hull had no numbers yet, that there might be a problem. What I could'nt get was that while trying to keep us separated, I could see that rod bouncing, the terminal gear all the way to the tip top, so the fish was obviously right there, and they were just looking over the side at it wondering well, what do we do now? Then when he threw his mile long anchor line over the top of yours I knew it was time to bale :hoboy: Guess who was at the ramp this morning when we got there? You guessed it. :shocked: We made a made dash to get far enough away from him while heading out. By the way, WaterDog was in your spot today and took home four fish--it was the hot spot today! We got a nice 24 pounder and three drivebys. WaterDog was due though, he's had a rough 2 weeks.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Finally we got into them. The best thing was getting the daughters into their first Salmon. :grin:

One 28lbs, a couple at 22, and a 12lb'er that was yummy. Would have stayed longer but that was all the fish I wanted to clean at any one time.

Got two of them on a "k" lure that is about half the size of an alvin.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Thanks Spooled, he'll remember that invitation! :smile: We were back again today in the spot where you were yesterday. Did pretty good there too! :smile: I had one on and fought it for about 15 minutes up to the boat. It gave one last head shake and it was gone :depressed: Luckily a while later I hooked another one and it stayed on this time!! Also had a couple other hits and a pounddown that didn't stick. Had all the action on the Manistee that I fixed up like yours(blue and chrome)!!

Fortywinks and wife and Waterdog and family, it was nice visiting with you and fishing beside you!! Congrats on the nice fish you all caught! :cheers:

Dipnet :grin:

[ 09-14-2003, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Dipnet ]

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Thumbs up Waterdog!! Nice fish!!! Now can I have that spot back :tongue: I will be back this week, maybe I'll work too? Hope to see you guys out there too. Tacklebuster, let me get you out this week since you'll be boatless, and I need an excuse to miss work. :sick:

[ 09-14-2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: King Fisher ]

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Oh sure, I gotta work today while the rest of you get to play
Ok fess up, who was in my spot :grin:

Glad you guys did well, were there more people in the area and most importantly, did the
's show up and run every out again? Good job WaterDog :cheers: Save some for me.

Kingfisher- Let's do it :dance:

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
The NorthRiver folks made me feel better after I blew my first anchor attempt. Surprised Chris didn't have a few choice words for me. Sorry Chris.

No fish for the Catch and Starve team Saturday. Just a nice day on the water. Bonniville was dead too boot.

Good job on the fish Chris and nice to meet Dipnet.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Bernie- Nothing to apoligize for bro, it's all good. I look forward to sharing some water with you again in the near future. I think it would be a hoot to get you, spooled, and myself out in the same line :cool: Thanks for giving me some line when I had my last fish on so I could get us untangled :cheers:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Chris,
Good job on the fish this weekend. Keep in mind our last conversation, you don't need to drive that far to catch em. I caught a nice 25 lb fish yesterday. It's time to fish closer to home!

Talk to you later.
Scott

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi Dipnet, I think I saw you lose your fish. I was anchored right below an Osprey on Sunday, and saw the fish come un-buttoned right above us. It looked like all three boats in the line I saw ended up with fish. Was that you guys??
We were in a white and blue Starcraft with the American flag on the bow.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts