IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a couple buddies and i were thinking about trying the Descutes this weekend, just wanted to know if it is worth the drive yet?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Hay If you come over we well be there at sheers bridge, JUST BRING YOUR OWN ROCK, this fishery is hot and getting HOTTER.

If you dont limmit out with in 2 to 3 hrs there is some thing wrong.

FISH AT SHEERS BRIDGE JUST 5 TO 6 MILES NORTH OF MAUPIN.

If you head east on I84 go to the Dalles, last exit look for signs saying to Duffer, I think the HWY # is 97south----Head south to the only flashing light some where around 15 to 20 miles ( I THINK COULD BE SHOURTER OR FUTHER )
TURN LEFT AT FLASHING LIGHT YOU WELL GO BUY A STATE PARK ON RIGHT KEEP GOING YOU WELL BE HEADED EAST WHEN YOU SEE THE TRAIN BRIDGE SLOW NOWN AS THAT CORNER IS 10 MAYBE 5 MPH, AND IT WELL BE A SHARP LEFT, TOU ARE THERE DONT PAY TO PARK THERE IS A SCREW UP WITH THE INDIANS, O-DOT OWNS THE ROAD ON THE WEST SIDE, PARK THERE AS THE EAST SIDE OF RIVER IS THERE'S

GOOD LUCK TIGHT LINES Mr.A

P/S EGGS, TUNA, 40Z WEIGHT. :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Uh, could you be more specific??? :rolleyes: :grin:

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I'm thinking of heading over from Yakima tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I should. I've never fished the Deschutes, but am somewhat familiar with the area. I have a sled, so I can bring that, but it sounds like the bank is the ticket. Plus it's cheaper!!

Any advice?

Thanks in advance. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Might be just the spot if the wind is blowin' on the CR.... and that IS the forecast. :depressed:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Yesterday was good with some limits. I was done by 9:00. If you were in a good spot you could get fish if not you got NADA. Today was slow I only saw one guy get 2 and I did not even touch a fish. Today I only saw about 12 total.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I got a call last night from my brother inlaw who has been slaying the springers at the bridge. He says that the crowds are large but the fishing is outstanding...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts