IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fish for free, don\'t punch your tag!

The ODFW is installing a new computer on Aug 4 through Aug 6 so they are not requiring licenses and you are not required to punch your tag for those days that the computer is down.

This is great, we can save a few punches for later this month. Looks like we are going to need them!

see their news release here web page

[ 08-02-2003, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: gofishoregon ]

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Re: fish for free, don\'t punch your tag!

Does that make any sense? :whazzup:

·
Registered
12,322 Posts

Errr, what am I missing here? No need to record fish caught those days on your existing tag?

·
Registered
6,569 Posts

That is correct, they will be unable to issue licenses ... so no one needs one.

In the business world, you would run parallel systems and cut over some Sunday morning. In the public sector, they have to unplug it, put in a truck, drive it to the new building, plug it in ...

·
Registered
1,841 Posts

Originally posted by Thumper:
Errr, what am I missing here? No need to record fish caught those days on your existing tag?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Um, yeah...
Somehow this doesn't make sense.
"Don't record information on your paper tag in you write on with pen because our computer system will be down..."
Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

The ODFW computer system will be down and you will not be able to purchase a Tag...Hence they are not enforcing the Tag rule on those dates...But they do want you to record your fish and have your license with you not enforcing just encouraging.

3,877 Posts

The same thing happened 2 years ago in January for about 4 or 5 days if I recalled. The ODFW computer system was down and it was free hatchery steelhead for those days.

What a country!!!!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts

Originally posted by Kentucky Hog Hunter:
The same thing happened 2 years ago in January for about 4 or 5 days if I recalled. The ODFW computer system was down and it was free hatchery steelhead for those days.

What a country!!!!
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Yes, I remember that. But it really doesn't make sense for them not to enforce people who have existing tags not to tag fish. I can see someone who goes in to buy one and can't, and they can get the free fish, but if you have one, tag up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts