IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to up grade my fish finder and was thinking about getting one that will show in color. I noticed on a few charters that that's what they have. I'm sure there is a reason. Does anyone have this and does it show fish any better. Was thinking about a lowrance x16 or one of there models, don't remember the model number. Dual freq. What can someone tell me before I spend the money on that instead of carpet to make the wife happy.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
I would jump up to the X19 it is a full VGA so it will have better daylight full light viewing. There is something diffrent about how a color sounder paints the echos but I can't remember what it is. Pilar would be the guy to ask about this stuff.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I am using the X16ci and so far it has performed really well. But to tell the truth I could have spent alot less cash and got all the performance I needed. Bigger brighter and alot more expensive are not always better. It is going to take me some time to really get my moneys worth out of it.Any one know where a guy could get GPS classes?

·
Registered
662 Posts
You can get all the info and training right here on the internet......look around - you'll be amazed

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
GPS classed at GI Joes in Salem, ask for Chuck. I hear color is nice because different fish show up different colors, salmon- red, halibut- green, not sure about the complete accuracy of this but it is what I've heard.

·
Registered
325 Posts
there was an article in salmon trout steelhead about 2 issues ago that said color was alot better .you might want to read that first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts