IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a fish finder for next year and Ive got $200-$300 to spend. Is there any features besides the obvious ones, that you cant live without. I have a 14' skiff and will mainly be trolling in the Willamette and anchoring in the Columbia. Thanks in advance for any info.
SOB

·
Registered
803 Posts
SOB, I use a Bottom Line fishin buddy on my little boat. It is easy to install and fits on just about anything. Get an extra bracket for the other side of the boat if you are a basser. Just my two cents.....salm

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I use humminbirds but wish I had an Eagle. My buddy's Eagle (same price or less than my Humminbird) is much more accurate.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
At least one manufacter (EagleSonar.com) has a website you can download a model-demo, and then explore and try the features.

...KChookem

·
Registered
140 Posts
SoB,

My Lowrance X65 w/ Spd & Temp may be the ticket for you. New in 2002 from North River. I have two units that are on the same frequency. One has to go. If you don't find a better deal, drop me a line.

Yes I Am

·
Registered
7 Posts
SOB, below is a website with ratings on the different models. I'm also in the market for one and am considering the Lowrance X-98DF or maybe the X-88DF. I do a lot of trolling so want something that gives me an indication of my trolling speed.

<sorry, non-sponsor commercial links not allowed. Please e-mail the author of this post for further information. ~Pete>

[ 10-17-2003, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Pete ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts