IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a Fish/Depth finder. Any suggestions? I want this for my DB. Does anybody have one on there DB? Where did you mount it? What is a good brand? I don't want to spend a lot of money. Want something reliable and easy to use. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Travis

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I have the Lorance X-85, I bought the portable kit from Cabelas for it, with the suction cup transducer and base that holds up-teen "D" batteries.

It works great and I'm still on the original "D" batteries from 2 years ago.

I use the X-85 on all three of my boats so it has worked great for me.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I have a Fish Easy II for my drift boat with the suction cup attachment. For driftboats the suction cup is the best way to go. The Side mount depth finders are cumbersome and get in the way. Definately go with the suction cup. The Fish Easy II was about $160 with suction cup. I haven't had any problems with the depth finder. It takes 8 D cell battery's that seem to last about 40 hours.

On my sled I have a $1,500 X-15ci, which has had more problems than I care to list (Lowrance is replacing it.) Irony.

[ 06-27-2003, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: finclipped ]

·
Registered
143 Posts
Remember also that Eagle is a division of Lowrance and you can often find an equivalent eagle model for less money and/or additional features compared with Lowrance. I've got an Eagle and it's been both accurate and reliable for several seasons so far.

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts