IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Am looking for sources/options for a removable plastic liner for a fish box that I want to add the boat. Would like to have something that is easily removable for washing/replacing...

the space I have to convert to a fish box measure approx. 50" long, 14" wide and about 14" deep. I have been searching the web but have not come across anything that would work.

Thanks
Ek

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
I'd make one. Give the dimensions to multi-craft plastics. Have one made from 3/16" white acrylic.
Should'nt be too expensive, and you can make it fit exact.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GBS,

thanks that is exactly what I was looking for!!!

Ifish and the ifishers are the best!

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Smiley,

next trip I will check that out.

EK

·
Registered
14,810 Posts
I use heavy mil plastic bags like industrial plants use to line 55 gallon drums. They are about 40" wide and about 60" long. I have hefted 5-6 good sized chinooks in them. I just let the end stick out of my big cooler and it is easy to slide fish into.

At the end of the day, it is easy to set the bag-o-fish out of the boat. Cooler is clean for next day, beer isn't slimy either. :cheers:

You can try the industrial grade garbage bags from Home Depot. They aren't clear, or quite as big, but they work.

Also after filleting, I put the carcasses in those before the trash can. Helps with fish stank.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that would be great if we can work something out.

planning on heading to Tillamook?

I called multi-craft, maybe I am asking for the wrong thing, but he said that would cost $175.

I admit that I don't know jack about making plastic anything, but that seemed pretty high.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Hi El-Kabong ,

I got something like that from G.I Joes. It is my only fish box in my driftboat that fits right under the front seat that doubles for a storage box when there is no fish in it. The dimensions are just about right what you described. It also comes with a lid. And it was only $12.99. Cheap!! :dance: See if it don't work for you.

:smile: Smily :smile:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Go down to your local Arima dealer and ask to see their in-floor removable fish box. I saw one while boat shopping the other day and I think it's what you're looking for. I don't know about the price of a replacement, or the exact measurements, but they are sure nice. If you're not sure where to find an Arima dealer, try 119th and Highway 99 in Vancouver......(not an IFish sponsor)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts