IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

Registered
I've always had a friend help when lifting my kill bag full of fish and ice. That's what the tabs on the ends are for. I feel it isn't good on the zipper to lift heavy bags by the straps. Plus, I've always looked at tag team carrying a kill bag the same way as thoroughly washing a net after landing a fish. It's a modest way to brag. 馃槃

Registered
I got my 2nd state mandated vaccine today. I told my wife I love her, and if I die,, to not sell my $#!+ for what I said I paid for it. This includes my reliable bag. 馃槆

Registered
I have a large bag I got at Bob's several years back. I paid $179 for it, can't see a brand on it other than Bob's. If I throw a 20lb bag of ice in there, there is still lots of ice the next day when it's 80* out. You get what you pay for on many things. I store it in the fish hold under the deck on my Seahawk.

Registered
Buy once cry once...did my research and got the WPS bag and love it so far..try to buy from small local American businesses when I can..have coolers...they take up to much room in my boat and garage lol.

Registered
I don't know who made mine. It doesn't leak but only holds five chinook salmon. We stopped fishing one morning because we had nowhere to store another fish. I've had it for about seven or eight years.

Registered
We have kept tuna in the bag overnight so it nearly freezes for easy skinning the next day. Our smaller salmon bag has holes from 5+ years of throwing sea bass into it. IT STILL keeps fish cold a whole day easy. We've got a big ice cooler too, it's to keep the ice to fill the bags for tuna and it makes a great seat while we fish.

Registered
Has anyone checked out the new Smak Plastics 1/4 tote? I鈥檓 not sure if that鈥檚 what they call it, but I was intrigued when I saw one at Englund鈥檚 a month or so ago. If I remember right, it was about the same footprint dimensions as the half-tote I have from them, but it was only about 14-18鈥 tall with a hinged lid. I don鈥檛 think it will work in my sled, but I plan to check it out again and think about whether it鈥檚 an option. My WPS kill bags are handier than igloos, but they can still get in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Has anyone checked out the new Smak Plastics 1/4 tote? I鈥檓 not sure if that鈥檚 what they call it, but I was intrigued when I saw one at Englund鈥檚 a month or so ago. If I remember right, it was about the same footprint dimensions as the half-tote I have from them, but it was only about 14-18鈥 tall with a hinged lid. I don鈥檛 think it will work in my sled, but I plan to check it out again and think about whether it鈥檚 an option. My WPS kill bags are handier than igloos, but they can still get in the way.

14-18鈥 tall would be better than a chest cooler鈥. Where can I look at these? I tried their web site with no luck. Kirk

Registered
I looked at their website, and it must have been the 165qt model I was looking at. I think it just seemed shorter compared to my tote (mine is elevated for forklift legs. It鈥檚 still interesting, and I don鈥檛 think the price was bad (better than other rotomolded coolers), but it probably doesn鈥檛 solve the space issue in my sled.

Registered
I鈥檓 pi$$ed. Based on reviews I ordered a Reliable Bag today. So excited when I opened the box, like a 5 year old on Christmas morning until the piece of paper inside fluttered out鈥. Containing instructions on how to use marine sealant to make it water proof. Are you ____ing kidding me? The most expansive bag on the market is a *** out of the box!

I paid Kevin Newell $10 for a cooler bag that lasted over a year, kept salmon cold for a 24 hour FedEx to Florida and only leaked when I jammed too many crab in it. I suppose I should have bought 17 of them!

Talk me off the ledge! Seal it up and love it or return it?

Registered
@jagosh, don't jump. You have so much to fish for. I will say that I never sealed my bag after purchase, and it has never leaked in its 3 or 4 year lifespan. I got their salmon kill bag. Have you actually tried to fill it with water and see if it leaks? Even if you have to use some epoxy, what's the huge deal? Many products need some customer tweeking to perform at their peak. Breathe, ma'am. In, and out... 馃槂

Registered
I've been seeing a lot of guys talking about the kill bags from North American Tarp in Longview. 100% USA made. 100% waterproof. Looks like a really nice bag. Going to check them out when I need a new one. I have one I bought from fisherman's. It has they're logo on it. It works really good. Holds ice for at least 24hrs even on hot days. Never tried any longer.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts