IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left the Camas Marina late afternoon last thursday for some shad fishing. the shad weren't cooperating so we thought we would try our hand at this summer chinook fishing down river. 45 minutes later my buddies rod starts bending double over and after about a 5 minute fight it's in the net.
It looked like a late springer maybe destined for the Sandy. It was a clipped hatchery hen that was was spotted around it's tail. She also had nice skeins in her. It deeply engulfed the wobbler my friend was using that it bleed all over the place. It weighed in at 16 lbs.

Sorry about the glare on the photos. We were staring right into the sun when I took the pix. I also cut the fishs tail off on the bottom pic. I need better practice with my digital!

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Nice fish. Great job on the hook up. Maybe next time you could rinse that beauty before the pic. :cheers:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Nice pics. I have to agree with FSHKLR, rinse off next time. :cheers:
Still a beaut though. Wish I could be lucky enough to get out there after those summers but I don't exactly have the boat for it.
Congrats

Later Geoff

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,165 Posts
Great fish! Changing prey mid-trip is always a good option. The composition in the second picture is good. Subject off to the side. Do rinse the fish off and maybe change positions in the boat if the sun is behind the subject. And with digital pics you can always fix a multitude of sins with a photo-editing program.
Back to the fish, congrats.

[ 06-27-2003, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: STGRule ]

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Nice job on the fish. I caught one out there the other day and fgured the same thing about it being a late springer also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts