IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I finally caught my first steelhead. Unfortunately it was foul hooked and I had to let it go. Oh yeah,it had a fin too. So my question is, can I finally lay claim to catching a steelhead?

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
absolutely nothing wrong (or more frustrating) then catch and release fishing! although the foul hook business might diminish your claim just a bit. let me suggest that you go out and get another one right away

[ 09-03-2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: El-Kabong ]

·
Registered
803 Posts
NO, but you can say you "foul hooked one once" if it will make you feel better. Be patient, your time WILL come. Just hang in there and keep your hook wet...... salm

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Foul hooking one means you were in the "ZONE". Keep in the zone, and you will get one very soon, I'm sure. Go back to that same spot, because where there is one, there is more. They all use the same holding spots. It took me about a year to get my first one, after probably 15 trips. Then I knew how the bite felt, and hooked 5 that first day I hooked the one. Now I know I missed several that felt the same before catching that first one, because I didn't set the hook, because I wasn't sure. Now, I set the hook anytime I'm not sure, atleast I'll keep from snagging, if it is a rock.

SKP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts