IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, wanted to show you the freshest data I have on vaccine and natural infection responses. Finally got a couple Johnson and Johnson vaccine samples and you can see the data in this chart. Would love to get more samples, let me know if you are interested in a test and participating in citizen science. My goal for this project is to help people get an antibody test and participate in agenda free and transparent data collection regarding COVID19.

In case anyone is wondering if this means the J&J vaccine is less effective, I would say it is too early to form a conclusion. Those two people may just have a bit of a delayed immune response.

Also keep in mind that, although the test is FDA approved with Emergency Use Authorization, there are many aspects missed with this testing method. We are looking at the immune response against one specific target, namely the receptor binding domain of the SARS-CoV-2 viral docking protein, Spike. This is the target that the vaccines are designed against.

A natural infection will spread the immune response against other viral proteins not captured by this assay. The assay I use also does not test for T-cell responses.

It is probably best to think of the vaccine response as an inch wide but a mile deep, while a natural infection is more like a mile wide and a 1/2 mile deep. Hope that makes sense to you.

·
Registered
37,954 Posts
Makes sense to me.... Thanks for the post.

I would love to get an antibody test having never shown symptoms and not participating in the mask wearing hysteria.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Wouldn't it be better if the vaccine was a mile deep and a mile wide? I'm vaccinated my wife isn't and will not. Do I just wait to see who gets sick first for my evaluation of the vaccine. I got Moderna.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, a mile deep and mile wide response is best. Hard to obtain via vaccination though. This is due to some complexities with the immune responses. Won't go into that here because it is quite a rabbit hole. But that is the reason that I personally like vaccines based on inactivated virus, which are not available in the USA. See attached chart.

If you are interested in learning about the immune complexities I mentioned, then look up "Original Antigenic Sin", "Antigen spreading" and "Anergy."

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Makes sense to me.... Thanks for the post.

I would love to get an antibody test having never shown symptoms and not participating in the mask wearing hysteria.
No problem DZ, someone needs to produce good data. Send me a DM if you want an antibody test.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Thanks for the info. Which technology does J&J fall under? So much misinformation posted here on the vaccines it is good to see some real data.

I think something that bears repeating is that the mRNA vaccines have been tested on humans since around 2008 I believe. The chart sort of makes it look mysterious and unproven. I can't tell if people are choosing to ignore the fact that mRNA vaccines have actually been around for quite a while, or if they just don't know that this technology has been in clinical trial for quite some time, with good results.

Edit: Do you have data from your 1st positive antibody tester who has since received the vaccine? So now they have both natural infection and vaccine immunity?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Cool! Thanks for sharing.

I had Covid last May...was nothing to me...

Went to TN about a month ago now and was out and about Sunday night to Tuesday (Pre-first shot for me) Was around a lot of people...Same hotel, meeting rooms, restaurants, and airplane. well 5 people came back with COVID. I was around all of them for ample time. I tested negative. Makes me wonder if the antibodies are still higher then anticipated after almost a year.

2 of those 5 people had the J&J shot about a month before...1 of the 2 spread it to his 2 family members that also had the J&J shot...

·
Registered
37,954 Posts
Initially I was waiting for the J&J but changed my mind a while back. Strawberry’s scientific study is confirmation to me it’s the right choice. We really need to consider the intent of the current vaccinations isn’t to prevent infection, it only reduces the severity. The fact that Strawberry didn’t become infected a second time might indicate being infected is better than the vaccinations. The experts studying this keep saying they don’t know one way or the other but for me, I’d rather become infected. My upcoming antibody test might reveal I made another right choice.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool! Thanks for sharing.

I had Covid last May...was nothing to me...

Went to TN about a month ago now and was out and about Sunday night to Tuesday (Pre-first shot for me) Was around a lot of people...Same hotel, meeting rooms, restaurants, and airplane. well 5 people came back with COVID. I was around all of them for ample time. I tested negative. Makes me wonder if the antibodies are still higher then anticipated after almost a year.

2 of those 5 people had the J&J shot about a month before...1 of the 2 spread it to his 2 family members that also had the J&J shot...
Thanks, StrawberryMTN. That is a great observation. Send them to Cure-Hub.com to get an antibody test and share their data with the crowd.

I don't have my own independent data on mask wearing. Adding questions about mask it would require amending my IRB protocol, which costs money

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,195 Posts
I understand that 2 data points do not make a compelling argument, but haven't "they" been saying all along that the J&J wasn't as effective as the other two? But it did help protect against getting really sick and lowered the chance of hospitalization. I also have a question about the natural immunity that you may not be able to answer, but how sick did the individuals get that you have data for? Is there any way to correlate immune response to severity of the illness for any data that exists?

·
Registered
37,954 Posts
Good one STGR. A person with a good immune system should be able to withstand mild exposures without breaking a sweat and never produce measurable antibodies or show symptoms. I think the greater the exposure, the more likely for a person to show symptoms and produce antibodies. A person getting mild exposures needs several to produce the same number of antibodies that a person who got one large dose will produce. This is assuming everyone in the group gets the same response from their immune system. That’s tough to measure.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Thanks for the info. Which technology does J&J fall under? So much misinformation posted here on the vaccines it is good to see some real data.

I think something that bears repeating is that the mRNA vaccines have been tested on humans since around 2008 I believe. The chart sort of makes it look mysterious and unproven. I can't tell if people are choosing to ignore the fact that mRNA vaccines have actually been around for quite a while, or if they just don't know that this technology has been in clinical trial for quite some time, with good results.

Edit: Do you have data from your 1st positive antibody tester who has since received the vaccine? So now they have both natural infection and vaccine immunity?
Keep in mind though.

1. Never at this scale.
2. Never at this speed with this much lack of long term testing...

Already had covid so it'll be a hard pass from me..

Reactions: Don G Baldi

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Great chart!
It would also be interesting to see how many people were vaccinated that have perished form Covid vs how many that were not vaccinated.

Reactions: judyfish99

·
Registered
37,954 Posts
RJ.... Can’t be done as so many died before the vaccines became available and they’re still kicking in. Not a level playing field, changes going on all the time.

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,195 Posts
Great chart!
It would also be interesting to see how many people were vaccinated that have perished form Covid vs how many that were not vaccinated.
And none of the vaccines are 100%. Some small amount of people are still going to die from covid. Just like some amount of people still die from the flu.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
RJ.... Can’t be done as so many died before the vaccines became available and they’re still kicking in. Not a level playing field, changes going on all the time.
Exactly. Must be a very substantial number. Even anti-vaxxers would have a very hard time disputing.
I feel very bad for India, the predominate vaccine there (from what I read) is Sinovac at 50% efficiency appx. Old technology.

Reactions: judyfish99
1 - 20 of 23 Posts