IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here goes. I began my fishing life this spring 0 for 3 or was it 5 on the lower Columbia. still being on the river was a thrill and my friend taught me how to feel the tackle working, how to count out my line, so when we went to Green Peter to hunt for kokanee I had some small skill with the line, but still not a bite that day. (I did spot my first wild orchid however and that was the catch of a lifetime!) On my next visit to Green Peter I caught my first Koke. Our next trip took us to the Metolius arm of Billy Chinook, where we found the kokanee college and fished out that school to a happy 24 over two days. My friend continues to help me learn new skills, and recently let me row the drift boat. I am one happy water baby. Kokes are liquid silver motion---with eyes of pure gold. The best thing: seeing a steelie jump mid air in the early evening light while camping on the North Santiam. Life is good. Thanks for all your support while I have been lurking on line. You caught me! Euphrosyne 2

·
Registered
603 Posts
"Fishing gives you a sense of where you fit in the scheme of things - Your place in the universe...I, mean, here I am, one small guy with a fishing pole on this vast beach and out there in the blue expanse of ocean are these hundreds of millions of fish...laughing at me."
Unknown

Welcome you'll like it here.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Welcome aboard and I hope you get better at fishing. :grin: You will learn quite a bit here on the board. People here know how to fish.

Hopefully they will be willing to share some info with you.

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Welcome my fishing friend. The knowlege that comes along with proficient fishing is vast, but the rewards that come along the way for fishing are greater still.
Enjoy our family, no need to fear, we are all here to teach and learn.
Regards,
GBS

·
Registered
638 Posts
Welcome, Clatskanie has to be a great place to live if you like to fish. :smile: You just have to decide if you want to go up river or down river to fish today? -Steve

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Welcome aboard!! :cheers: Kokanee fishing is a lot of fun. Been a long time since I've been able to enjoy it, as I've been on the salt these last several years. Maybe one of these days I'll head inland for a bit of fresh water fishing on a more relaxed pace. :smile:

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Welcome E2. You have just discovered one of coolest places on the 'net.

·
Registered
769 Posts
:smile: Welcome...This is a nice place to, uhmmmmmmmm...Nest! Yeah, that's it...Nest. You can wake up in the middle of the night, 2-3 hours before it's "Really" time to go fishing, and find some other 'IFisherFolk' to talk to, or just start a new thread!

Keep the stories coming in and welcome! :dance:

PL Ken
:cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts