IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Ill post a fishing story later, but this one is still fresh in my mind and neat/humorous. In early Dec this year, I was flogging the water, trying out my new spey rod, on Idahos Salmon river near Challis, when I heard rocks tumbling on the cliff above. Looking up, I saw two bighorn rams following and chasing a ewe. Both were full curl, Large rams. but one was almost black, older and Very heavily muscled. Aabout every five minutes, they would stop, turn to face each other, and butt heads with a loud crash. This went on for a long time, with the larger ram having the advantaage in the headbutting, but the smaller ram increasing the distance after each hit. Finally the younger ram and the ewe got a little room for love, and just as he mounted, the larger ram hit the younger with a powerful ram and knocked the younger ram and the ewe to the ground. Then the Older ram walked off and slowly wandered over the ridge and out of sight! I dont know if there's a moral to this story, but I will remember it for a long time. Oh yeah--no fish that day, but I consider it one of my best overall fishing days ever!

· Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by Beerbellyfisher:
Welcome! That was kinda rude of the old ram, sore looser I guess.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I guess you could say the old guy got a bit bitter about being beat out, but sounds like he got in the punch so to speak. It would have been fun to watch. I and two friends watched to bucks fight for almost an hour one day from less than 200ft away, they never even knew we were there. It was a sight.

[ 01-05-2004, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: glassblower ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.