IFish.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been reading and learning and finally hooked up with some cutts on the Wilson, up from the guide shop. I got off work early on Friday and split for the river.

Caught my first Cutt back from the guide shop on the Wilson. Using my 3# rod, I was tossing a reversed spider out for a while and had a miss, cast again and miss, then on the third cast, hooked up. What a blast that fish ran hard and the fight was a blast. Kept waiting for the fly to break off every time I tried bringing it in. It would bolt every time it saw me, didn't help not having a net. Got it to hand and lost it 2 times until I ran it into some thin water and got it. Pulled the fly and measured it at 18 inches. Sweet! and on a 3# with a 5x leader and 6x tippet. Cought no more there so I packed up and went further up river. Bounced and explored up to about mile 16 and cought a bunch of cutts. I'm loving this 3# rod now.

I only wish I brought my camera. I really need to get a new and "smaller" camera, my old one is big and clunky so I tend to leave it at home.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Awsome!! Thats a very nice Cut!! I bet it fought great. We will have to hook up and go soon, i hear the cut fishing is great this time of year. And i think it closes at the end of Oct. But not sure. I close on a house in two weeks and will be moving and packing on the weekends, so not sure when i can go, but ill have to try to get a day sometime soon to go...Maybe this Sunday??
Nice fish!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah, that's the biggest fish I've caught with that rod. I'm really impressed with this 3# rod. It may be a cheapy but I really like it and have great control with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts