IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishing for some URBs last wednesday with ANDYCOHO and tried to catch my first chinook. Well, I didn't land a chinook but I didn't get skunked. I landed this:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
It was still a first for me and catching anything is better than catching nothing. (and it wasn't a tule) I caught it on a scented chrome alvin with blue in the middle. It was exactly 41.5" so back in the drink he went to make someone a good supper in a year or so. I still think it was the guy two boat over in the hog line that was eating bananas and throwing the peels in the drink. :hoboy:

Leaving at 3:30 to try my hand again at these URBs. Washing my hands and everything that comes in contact with the fishing gear in Lemon Joy.

Big thanks again to ANDYCOHO. He introduced me to some of you ifishers. I can't for the life of me remember your monikers except for fishingaddict. I also never fished in a hog line before and have to say thanks to Brian in the Thunderjet next to us. That sturgeon wrapped his line up good and he pulled anchor and floated with us just so I could land it and then had to rerig his line.

**UPDATE**
ScottyV has been chinook deflowered... FINALLY!

I know you all have posted some pics of hawgs but this 20 pound chrome URB was my first. Bite was actually pretty hot. The guy next to us hooked 5 and landed 3. One was a 35 pound URB. I was the only one that landed one in our boat.

[ 09-13-2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: ScottyV ]

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already had the shakes. The guy that took me out was fishing for sturgeon cause his freezer is chock full of salmon. He hooked into an oversize and handed the rod off to me because he wanted me to feel a big fish. He kept tellin' me to turn it TURN IT!!! It never stopped. It ripped the line he had like it was nothing. We never even got to the anchor to drop it before it had 3/4 of the spool out.

After I landed the Chinook I was nearly in a convulsive state. Permagrin and just stoopid silly like I was a kid again. I thought the coho I've caught before were pretty big and this smallish to average chinook hen dwarfed them all.

I've swallowed the hook, line, sinker and spooled myself on fishing. All I can think about now is how can I get my 6 year old into a salmon. I might have an opportunity later this next week and will not pass it up for my son to land one.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
I've probably only landed 50 fish total in my short salmon/steelhead career, and I STILL get the shakes after landing a fish :shrug: Sometimes it's even hard to mark them on my card because i'm shaking so bad :grin: I've DEFINITELY got the bug :dance:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Yes I witnessed the event sturgeon on an alvin :grin:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Way to go Scotty!! Finally a Chinook!!

You just prayed to the wrong fish Gods that morning, it's OK, I have made that mistake a time or two :wink:

I was fun fishing with you, looking forward to fishing with you again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts