IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well fished the North Santiam today. I caught my first and second steelhead today on first cast jigs. I have been a diehard dift fisherman for years. I've gotten many steelhead that way and had to force myself to use the jigs. I've heard so much here and seen the pics. Now I'm hook on the jigs as well. :cheers:

·
Registered
44 Posts
where on the nrth did you fish today? i did greens bridge to jeff and we got one native and that was all the fish i heard of were they summers or natives any ways congrats on the fish :dance:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fishinfarmer I was up river from Stayton. Both were summer fish one was 12lbs & 9lbs. I'm hoping for the springers to show any day.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
fun-fishing

Way to go. Or as my daughter would say "awesome possum".

By the way, if you don't mind sharing, what color jig did the trick?

Mark

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Nice job. We drifted from fishermans bend to mehama and came up empty. We did see a really nice steelie display of acrobatics tho! It was the first time we had the boys on the santiam so we did more drifting than fishing. So I am still looking for my first...............

·
Registered
558 Posts
Ran from I-5 to Stayton. Put one summer in the boat. Lots of traffic. Seems like alot of folks were lower on the mainstem. How did folks do down there? I took advantage of the good flows and went up the north fork, water clarity was better also. The average summer for the system runs about 30" and 10lbs, but watched a pair of guys put a beast into the boat. It must have run about 15 lbs! Didnt get your names, but Congrats! :shocked:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mark it was the pink&white one with the red beads. I was fishing in about 6 feet of water. And I can say that the fish REALLY hit the jigs hard. Fun-Fishing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts