IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with my good friend Mark Anderson of First Cast Jigs today on the Wilson. We went 3-6 on fall chinook with Mark getting one of the brightest up river fall fish I've ever seen.
While yesterday eggs seemed to be the ticket with me going 1-3 with SteelieSteve :smile:
Today it was sandshrimp and Marks First Cast Jigs.
I started off by losing a nice fish on a sandshrimp with Maries sticky scent. Mark then lost a nice chromer on one of his newest jigs and then landed a nice buck on the same jig! I had a few drive bys but nothing else for awhile. Just as we were about to leave for a lower river spot Mark hooked into a beautiful, chrome bright hen of about 18-20 (pictures to follow). I continued to toss eggs in futility and again we came to the point where we were about to move on as Mark had already punched his two fish and was done fishing. He asked me to try out the same setup he had gotten his two fish on his rod "Can you do me a favor and try this?" he asked.
Third cast with Marks new jig and it was bobber down and fish on :dance: I ended up landing another nice hen in the twenties. A nice fish too but not as bright as Marks hen :shocked:
Anyway that was 5 fish on for Marks jigs, he lost two others earlier. I hooked one on sandshrimp :depressed: and one on Mark new salmon jig :grin:
Great day with my good buddy :dance: I almost slept in and was glad I didn't

[ 10-24-2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Stew ]

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
A couple weeks ago I was messing around with some marabou and thought I'd tie up some HUGE jigs for Fall Chinook. I knew Chinook like bright colors so I combined four different shades of marabou from Cerise to Shrimp and finished it off with a matching Krystal Flash. This is the end result:

This color pattern really proved itself again today. Half the fish were caught with just a bare jig and the others had a shrimp tail with Marie's Shrimp/Anise scent.

Here is a picture of a nice hen that couldn't resist the jig/shrimp combo:

Shane "did me a favor" and caught this one:

Good times :cool:

Mark

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
What a good looking jig!

By the way, that is probably the best picture of Shane I have seen. He looks down right lovable, if you are his momma, that is!

·
Registered
594 Posts
:dance: Beautiful fish :bowdown:
Great report, thank you :cheers:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Mark I really like these first time out R&D trips with your jigs :grin:
A couple of winters ago Mark's beautiful wife Cindy
tied a new prototype jig and Mark gave me one for a winter steelhead trip we were going on. Sure enough "Cindy's Surrpise" got me a nice steelhead.

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Awesome fish and even more awesome is the pic of that jig! love the colors you've combined. Looks very shrimpy!!! :grin: :bowdown:
Way to improve on an already fenomanal product!!
Dan

·
Registered
13,282 Posts
Shane - can you pull up your hat a tad, I wanna see the new dew :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice looking fish

·
Registered
327 Posts
hey mark nice fish, remember me Im the ex sporting goods manager from GI JOES out here in colorado now doing the fly fishing game . take care of yourself and best of luck in all you do .steve :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Is that the "Tail Flasher" jig shown on your website?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Stew you weren't going fishing LOL. Great job and very nice looking jig. Shane hope you got some of them. Roy there is no 'do there, just a lot of glare in the sun. Great looking hen Mark. I need to get a few of those very soon.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Is it me, or does Stew look more svelt? :wink:

WTG Stew and Mark. :cheers:

(Stew, I am beginning to think you're a 10%er.) :grin:

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Stew? Svelte?

Aunty........do you know what that word means?

:laugh:

Nice work fellas. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
DanS, of course I do. :wink: We can't all be skinny like you but at least we can lose a few! :grin:

[ 10-27-2003, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: AuntyM ]

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Nice fish and a great story. Its really great to see nice chinook taken on jigs.

I think some people missed the message here: that is, when eggs ain't workin' try a jig!

HC

1 - 18 of 18 Posts