IFish.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It took me a while to get this posted, but here it is. Buckhunter and I and Mr. Duckworth and his 9 year old son Duckworth Jr. were walking up this....lets call it steep road. We were just cow calling and stopping every so often to listen. All of a sudden the whole world woke up around us and there were elk everywhere. We set up with buckhunter above me on the hill and me calling and the duckworths a little further down the hill. I thought that I heard something down below me. It turned out to be the elusive squirel elk throwing pine cones out of a tree. I kept callin at those elk up the hill for buckhunter when I heard something else behind me. When I turned around there was a bull walking up the hill behind me looking for that lonesome cow. When I cow called at him he turned and started walking back down the hill and stopped behind a tree. Just as soon as I was thinking I need someone to bugle Mr. Duckworth let one rip. That bull started walking toward the "bull" looking for a fight. He stopped quarteded away with his head behind a tree at 20 yards. What else could I do but draw and center the 20 yard pin and release. Contact!!!!:dance::dance: He turned and ran then stopped when I cow called at him. I shot him again, but him him really low. He turned and ran down the hill and out of sight. After I go my wits about me the blood trail was easy to follow with the double lung hit. He ran about 100 or so yards and that is where we found him a nice 3x5 coast bull. That is the first elk that I have ever taken. What an awesome experience!!! Thanks again to buckhunter and the Duckworths for all the help. Couldn't have done it without you.:cheers: That is what it is all about a great hunt with great friends. :grin:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Congrats on getting the numero uno neighbor! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Glad I could be there! BH ( Hey beardbuster,,,,,"where is this road"!!!!! lmao!)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Awesome job on the teamwork. Congrats on your first bull. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Aaaagh, that's brings back memories of my first ever elk with a bow....I remember it like it was yesterday.....which is really wierd because it was last Sunday:laugh:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Nice bull- are you just pumped??? Nice work and beautiful animal!!!
Dave

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Notice he didn't post any pics of the guy's that helped him pack it out?!?!:shrug: Oh well, I'll take meat in the freezer over fame any day! BH

·
Registered
590 Posts
Oh No! Another normal human being permanently altered! Stupid grins, far off looks, far off thoughts,,,, You want reality? You have to try to do it again in 11 months!:laugh:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is the mighty Buckhunter on that fateful trip. This is before he was used as a packmule!!:laugh::laugh:

And here are Mr. Duckworth and Duckworth Jr. Right before the trudge up the hill started. Sorry that I didn't have any better pictures.

I am totally addicted as was mentioned before by fellow bowhunters that also share my affliction. Can't wait for late season deer!!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Bout' time! Now I have meat in the freezer AND fame! BH

1 - 19 of 19 Posts