IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have talked about survival gear in your day pack. I am interested in your first aid kit in you pack and the one back at camp. What is in them? What do you seem to always use out of it every year?

Rauly

· Registered
8,638 Posts
:yeahthat: I don't carry much in the field I have a nice big first aid kit at the truck that I put together my self. In my pack I carry a small backpacker first aid kit (REI) that has a lot of mole skin, bandaids, advile lots of it and a ace bandage. It doesn't weigh alot and it is small enough I can transfer between packs.

Moleskin, Ibuprofen, some sort of Band-Aid, Neosporin, wet wipes…oh did I say ibuprofen (for the 43 year old muscles that ach from humping the hills…LOL).

· Registered
480 Posts
The only thing I have used out of mine so far is the Ibuprofen. I also leave mine in the car and carry little with me. I just have the typical car kit. After reading some posts lately I think I will put in a bee sting kit.

· Registered
10,869 Posts
Thanks for the reminder, Rauly! I was gonna buy one before this hunting season started, and I almost forgot!!

Looks like i'll pick one up today when I buy my tags and bird stamps.

-jokester

· Registered
1,135 Posts
In the field I have a little packer type with the basics, plus I carry a lot of IBU's, some baby aspirin (Blood thinner), and some Benedryl for stings and allergic reactions. My brother usually has some more powerful pain killers for potential bigger injuries. Unscented baby wipes and hand sanitizer (Apple scented) are staples in my pack too. I have a larger kit in the truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.