IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the fires burning in the state, I was just wondering if any of your favorite hunting spots were going up in flames. Some of this year's fires have come verrrry close to some of my stomping grounds, and with the conditions of the forests, it's very likely that I might get "burned" in the future. Without getting into a knock-down-drag-out debate of the U.S. fire-prevention policy of the last 50 years, how are your hunting grounds doing?

· Registered
17,245 Posts
Burning big time!!!!!!! Trout meadows desolation unit 300 acres and no end in sight
That fire has potential. I will be over that way in a week or so, hopefully!

Going to go up on Aldrich and look at what is left up there, see if we can find our old camp sites. Maybe shoot a bear.

· Registered
1,300 Posts
I just came back from Trout Meadows as the incident commander on the extended attack fire team. We managed the incident until the fire team was fully in place and ready to manage the incident.

You are right...it does not look good. We did keep it from crossing the 52 road to the north and east. It has nothing but "open road" to the south. The fire crews definitely have their hands full. The smoke column coming off of it yesterday capped and turned into a pyrocumulus. Attached is one of many pics of the fire. It is severely dry and an extreme fire hazard out there. Be careful...

· Registered
3,373 Posts
Great pictures!!

I was up on the old pearson lookout yesrerday, heard ya on the radio and wasnt sure it was you or not seeing as how it was a federal fire. anyway, good picture, have a good one!

talk to ya later.

· Registered
6,715 Posts
Does anybody know if there's a fire on the Warm Springs Indian Reservation? I was south of Timothy Lake this morning picking some huckleberries and sniffing for elk. Kept getting whiffs of smoke rolling through the area, and could see a blue haze in the sunlight when I left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.