IFish.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up a couple of ultramags. The ACU colored digital is a CRAZY accurate 300 ultra. It uses a Lawton singleshot action, Hart barrel, rifle basix trigger, Pacific Tool and Gauge bolt with holland bolt handle(both Oregon companies), and one of my muzzle brakes. This gun is responsible for my best bipod group ever. 5 shots at 550 that measured 1.6". The Darker one of the two is my own personal 7 ultramag. It is just a blueprinted remington 700 with PTG bolt and my own custom bolt handle. Jewell trigger with safety, Night force scope, badger base and rings, Bartlien barrel, HS precision PS-26 stock with HS detachable magazine. Oh yeah and one of my muzzlebrakes too. I did the paint(duracoat) jobs on both of them. I lean twords darker colors and the owner of the other wanted something that would match the sage over east better. Both rifles have been responsible for some recyclable kills(milk jugs) at 1500. The 7 hit a 5 foot rock first round at 2300 yds this weekend. To make it better I ranged it with the reticle in the scope, using minute of agle calculations because I dont have a rangefinder that goes that far! I included a picture of a 308 I did earlier this year in an Accuracy International chasis and my wirehair pup(where her wires are I dont know?) The last one is a picture of a friend lined up at a 550 with the 308.

Jason:dance:

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Those are some good looking guns Jason. I still haven't done much with my 300RUM. I still need to send it to Kirby Allen so he can put a longer mag box in it along with a few other "tweaks". The action started as a 300 WIN and I can't seat the bullets close enough to the lands to get the groups I want.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Just finished up a couple of ultramags. The ACU colored digital is a CRAZY accurate 300 ultra. It uses a Lawton singleshot action, Hart barrel, rifle basix trigger, Pacific Tool and Gauge bolt with holland bolt handle(both Oregon companies), and one of my muzzle brakes. This gun is responsible for my best bipod group ever. 5 shots at 550 that measured 1.6". The Darker one of the two is my own personal 7 ultramag. It is just a blueprinted remington 700 with PTG bolt and my own custom bolt handle. Jewell trigger with safety, Night force scope, badger base and rings, Bartlien barrel, HS precision PS-26 stock with HS detachable magazine. Oh yeah and one of my muzzlebrakes too. I did the paint(duracoat) jobs on both of them. I lean twords darker colors and the owner of the other wanted something that would match the sage over east better. Both rifles have been responsible for some recyclable kills(milk jugs) at 1500. The 7 hit a 5 foot rock first round at 2300 yds this weekend. To make it better I ranged it with the reticle in the scope, using minute of agle calculations because I dont have a rangefinder that goes that far! I included a picture of a 308 I did earlier this year in an Accuracy International chasis and my wirehair pup(where her wires are I dont know?) The last one is a picture of a friend lined up at a 550 with the 308.

Jason:dance:
What would a guy have to spend to purchase a 300 like you've set up??

Keith:pray:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments guys. The 300 the guy has about 2400.00 in to it including scope and rings and brass and bullets and such. Not too bad for that kind of weapon. Mine I have wheeled and dealed on parts I have about 1300.00 not counting the 1400.00 scope. I only do it for friends and family. About 3-4 a year is all I can do and still shoot and work. I am currently getting about 3-4 reloads out of my brass. Buuutttt both of these guns liked to be pushed pretty hard. The 300 is shooting 190 grn bergers at 3260 and the 7 is getting 176 grn mollied Cauterucios going 3250. With a BC of .750 it shoots like a lazer. Again thanks for the comments guys I just wanted to show off abit since I dont do this for a living and I dont do too many a year.

Jason

Quacka wacka..... Give me a call Ill talk to you about that Christiansen arms. 541-409-6378

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Very cool!!

I hope those guns will get a workout this deer and elk season :), if you are ever up in This part of the state let me know, I have a good 1000 yard bench set-up with intervals of 100 all the way out. Would be fun to shoot sometime!!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Nice, thanks for the pictures. Nothing better than a fine shooting rifle.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have rifle tags for elk and deer for the first time in my life. Both for SE Beulah. The elk hunt starts the first of sept. Open country and alot of private. Looks like I will be hiking into a couple of wilderness areas. Very limited access on the elk. I have found deer everwhere. We will see if they are still there come oct. Thanks again guys.

Jason

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Luck has more to do with it than I like. I have got to be one of the unluckiest guys. I can spend $$$$$$, Shoot every weekend all year(gun or bow) Hike for miles before dawn, and have not too much to show for my 19 years of hunting. My best luck and hunts have been with a bow. I just want to build more rifles and cant do everything. Some people spend thousands on like you said boats, the newest fancy truck, some(shawn) have hundreds of fishin poles. Dont get me wrong I have a pretty nice truck, a few fishin poles, a donated boat. I have just spent my mad money here. I just like to accurately place little hunks of lead a long way away, and build the platforms for doing such.

Jason

·
Registered
700 Posts
Very nice looking long range rigs:applause:. I'm haveing a 338AX built and can't wait to get it in hand and do some long range shooting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts