IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to fish with Finclipped today. The morning was very slow with no keepers till about 1030AM and then it was fast and furious for the next 3 hours. We all took a nice 3 fish limit including a chinook each. Lots of large rowdy wild coho were released. We definitly lost count of them but we must have landed at least 25 fish today. :dance:

Pictured is Finclipped/Kevin, myself, Dick and Rick. Was fun fishing with you guys. Well done Kevin! :bowdown: Lets do it again! Rick and Dick are bass fishin Sunday. Watching them motor though the fish today they just might catch that many bass....but I doubt it :tongue:
Fishing pressure has really died off. Fished up high above the bridge at 18-20 pulls. Fresh plug cut herring med grn fish flashes are working well. Spinners didn't today. :shrug:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Great day

Shhhhh you arent supposed to let anyone know there are fish way above the bridge... dont you mean you caught those by Hammond? :grin:

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
No 5-Cents, that was the Longview/Raineer bridge. (Where's that Pinoccio Graemlin)?

Had to look at the thread with such a catchy title. I know Kevin is too nice a guy to punch someone out. Of course I haven't seen him fish the Washougal yet. :grin:

Some of those non fin clipped were in all probabilty some wild coho but there are a lot of tribal hatchery coho migrating up the Columbia and they are not fin clipped. Best release them instead of trying to explain that to your favorite gamie. :grin: But if they were big and wily, they must have been nates! :wink:

Great job guys and hope to fish some of Kevin's local streams with him this fall. I should be there now!

Dano

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoops, did I break the code of silence? Did I overshare? No biggie IMHO. :grin: Lots of fish and space for more boats in this situation. Notice the lack of anyone fishing from an anchored boat? Wish it was this way more often. Although I do know the value of keeping some info zipped.
Finclipped is out there again today we should hear from him Monday.
Don't you just love it when hot bites continue on weekend days too? :cool:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Jay (Fish Hunter) thanks for coming along and sharing your knowledge. I have to admit, it was a pretty strong bite that lasted just long enough to limit. It's nice to get all your nookies and coho's.

Jay was the first one handing off fish (punched out) :bowdown: and both big nooks came off of his rod, so its easy to look good when you have guys like Jay filling the boat with fish. Rick and Dick enjoyed fishing with you as well. They always like someone new to tell all their stories to. :sleep:

No secrets here, we were above the bridge on the Washington side.

Today was a different story. It started out good fishing above the bridge on the Oregon side where I had 4 takedowns, 2 fish and one keeper fishing by myself. This was by 7:00, so I figured I would slip over to the Washington at the tide change and start the carnage all over. WOW,,, what a difference a day can make. I trolled for 6 hours with not even a bite. I only saw three nets fly, where the day before it wasn't uncommon to see 3 or 4 at one time. Maybe they went upstream or something. :shrug:

Dan, its a scientific fact that coho will not bite a plug, especially wigglers. Ask any biologist and they will tell you the same thing. I was going to explain this to you at Depoe Bay, but didn't have a chance to. You can try proving me wrong if you want, but I will need to see it myself to believe it. :grin: After the year you had last year, I'm surprised any made it back to the hatchery. As, I am typing this, they are distributing warning signs with your picture and hanging them all over SW Washington streams, informing anglers of whom to blame for the severe reduction in hatchery fish in SW Washington. :wink:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, so I should have been there yesterday and I actually was! Thanks again for inviting me Saturday.

JD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts