IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was really nice to hear of all of the snaggers that got busted on the Wind last week. All those fish, all those snaggers.
:laugh: :grin:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Tell me the story. I was out of town last weekend and have not heard. I love nothing more than to hear of those losers getting popped.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Yeah!!! Let's hear the story! It'd do my heart good to hear how those who clearly don't respect the fishery go DOWN!

Jiggin' is one thing..... snaggin' is Another! A thing punishable by law...but only when it's enforced!

Let's hear the story Metal Head...... and thanks for the post....

Tim :cool:

·
Registered
591 Posts
According to my neighbor WDFW was absent on Saturday, lots of snaggers. :mad: Even a father and son snagger team. What a thing to teach kids.
All this going on and no one says a thing to the People Of Suspicious morals.

[ 06-03-2003, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Yeah the father\ son snagger teams at Bonnie lure are there every year... I am the kind of guy that won't keep his mouth shut.. Hopefully the OSP will get them in Sept too!

·
Registered
66 Posts
From the horses mouth last Friday:

$500 fine for intentionally snagging with success.

$150 fine for not intentionally snagging, but keeping a snagged fish.

$150 per snagged fish.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
So is anyone still want to go with me to Big Creek???? :grin: :grin: :grin: :laugh:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I was fishing Cascade Locks last night and the fish police were watching from a distance. They spotted a couple of people snagging SHAD and came down to write tickets. $75 fine.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Snagging shad??? :whazzup:
Ya can't keep em off your line, so people really need to snag shad?
I've seen and have heard of some really stupid things in my time, but snagging shad. Welp!
I guess I haven't heard it all. :hoboy:

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Me thinks there is enough illegal activity out there to solve the DFW’s budget problems if they would just enforce the laws as written.

Start confiscating vehicles, boats, and tackle from anyone who intentionally violates the law.

That on top of fines should generate some revenue!

Maybe deputize some volunteers. I see violations nearly every time I fish a popular area.

It galls me that officers will stand around a boat ramp and write citations to an unintentional violator for a fish ¼ of an inch too short; but nothing is being done about blatant violations we see every day.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Fishplay, I'm wondering what OSP is going to do with the bank maggots on the Salmon river this fall. I guess that it got really bad last year. Any new news?

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
I bet they are back up there right now.. Fines are WAY to light in my opinion. and should be at least quadrpeled if wild fish are involved along with a permanent life time loss of fishing and hunting license privledges confiscate all the gear and vehicles involved and auctioned off and the proceeds given to wdfw for law enforcment.
WDFW should have a zero tolerance policy towards snagging and wild fish violations. One strike and your our period no exceptions.

PS yes I know these are hatchery chinook i just thought i'd throw in the wild fish statements cause snaggers **** me off so bad.

[ 06-03-2003, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: rob allen ]

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Who can really be proud of the fact that they are a snagger and want to be called a sportsman on top of that. :shrug: It's nice to see that the snagging community may finally have snagged themselves. :dance: Good job to the lawenforcement community for cracking down on these, self proclaimed fishermen and sportsman. :cheers:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Mikeymoto, if you think the bank maggot's were bad on the Salmon last year you should have seen some of the wankers in the boats up at the red barn hole. I really didn't understand the concept of flossing until I got to see it first hand at the red barn hole. Flossing/snagging all the same thing. Hopefully they don't close the salmon river because it's fun to bobber fish.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts