IFish.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my frist steelhead today! :cheers: Fished up around Rainer useing a chrome blade flash-glo. Feels good to get the first one, I'll be back at it on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Nice fish, fish-on! I'm going myself on Sunday with dreams of chromies like that.

My Dad used to take us in the boat from Portland to the Rainier dock where we would camp for a week and go every morning across the river to anchor up with spinning glows and wait for a steelhead to slam our poles. Somes days were better than others but we always caught a few during the week. One morning Mom had 6 fish on in an hour and they all got away! Will never forget that.

16' Smokercraft Lodge Series w/black top and black Merc and Ifish decals. I'll know you by the big smile that'll probably still be stuck on your face! Good job!

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
you'll never forget your first one

nice fish

mgm

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nice bright ironhead, and good picture. :cheers: Get yourself another bright beauty on Sunday.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
When I read your open seat post last night I thought it would neat fish with you again but I didn't reply because of work commitments. I hope you were able to get together with someone.
That is one fine looking fish, now the urge to fish gets real bad(or good, it's all a matter of perspective).
Good luck on Sunday!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I took my 12 year old grand son Steelhead fishing
his first trip never caught one but has landed a
few Shad and small Sturgen. The first hour the guide hooked one handed him the rod, he did a great job landing the fish, pumped it in and held]
the rod down when the fish was under the boat. Soon he hooked another by himself and same results.
Just before we left (slow fishing) he hooked another by himself and said, "Gramps you want to
land it." I said no way and he did anothr great job. I did not touch a fish, and for his first time landing three fish hooking two himself made
my day.
He will remember this trip more then ever going to
Disney Land, take time and take out the grand kids
and your own children fishing, a great feeling.

We were fishing tthe Cowlitz, boondoggling with
eggs.
Charlie

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Well done and don't every forget what you were using and exactly where he was becasue others will lay in that spot too. Now, it gets easier and more frequent.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replys, now the bug is set and I have something to carry me through until fall pig season.

Russ- I hooked up with an old fishing partner and we fished out of his boat...when I got to his house I had to call and wake him up because he over slept :grin: now I know it can happen to the best of us :tongue:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Thanks for sharing your first steelhead story. I was out there too on Sunday, just off the Ranier boat ramp with Trollin4trout. Never did catch MY first steelhead, however a great day of fishing none the less.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts