IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After fishing the Salmon River five times I finally caught my first Salmon it was a Coho Hen {fin clipped of course} that wieghed in at ten pounds even. I know its not that big but man am I pumped. Got on a yellow Buzz Bomber at the 101 Bridge. :dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Congrats, I assume the fish was fair hooked. Be aware, both that location (and that lure) have a bad rep for being snagging stuff...

UG

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Sir fair hook inside of mouth right side also made sure two other fishermen on bank saw it before I pulled the hook,I'm glad things have gotten tighter there and I do belive in fair catch only!!!!!

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
Congrats on the silver! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Nice job!!
:dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Nice job on the fish. Way to go!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
True ******, bobber and eggs has been real good to me lately (or should I say float and eggs :grin: ). Why re-invent the wheel? But then again, I'm always wanting to learn more, in the river's classroom. Just want something new to add to the arsenal.

I tried Kwikfish on a whim, and I've caught 9 in the past couple years using Kwikies during otherwise down times on sea weed infested incoming tides. Perhaps there is a time when Buzz Bombs work when nothing else does. I don't know, just inquiring.

Float down! :grin:

SKP

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
****** Please dont leave it alone some of use want to learn and this is the best way. I you have a opion I personaly would like to hear it If theres something wrong with this make use al better fishermen and taech use the right way thanks :shrug:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Boy I should have spell checked that one sorry

G

·
Congrats on your fish. No offense. If you want to be a better fisherman, don't use Buzz Bombs in the Rivers and leave them in your tacklebox.

In our Rivers I take issue with the fair to foul hooked fish ratios when they are used, even when fished "correctly." "Correctly," meaning a slow direct vertical jig motion. Don't set the hook on anything you feel during the upward motion. A fish will normally hit it while it is falling freely on the downward motion.

Just me, no further opinions on the subject from me.

Good fishing.

Rick

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I've never fished Buzz Bombs because of the bad publicity. However, I'd like to learn to fish one correctly. How does a person fish a Buzz Bomb?

SKP

1 - 16 of 16 Posts