IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Thank you for your patience answering all my newbie questions when I was looking for a boat.

I finally took the plunge and bought a new-to-me boat! :dance: I purchased a 18' 1997 Alumaweld Intruder with 115 offshore Merc and 9.9 Merc kicker. Lots of extra's and I am happy with price. After getting all your feedback, I decided a 'try-out' boat was a the way to go, so bought used so I could trade to something else in a year or two once I found out what I liked and didn't like.

Now, to just figure out the hog-lining thing (never done before)... :shrug:

For now I am on to the Alsea river below tidewater to chase those Chinook... :grin:

-Richard

·
Registered
412 Posts
That is a solid boat. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Just in time to hunt for the hawgs. Enjoy. HJ

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
And your wallet will be forever empty........ :grin:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Remember that old saying" The two happiest days of a mans life is one when he buys his boat and the other the day he sells it."
Another old adage" A boat is nothing more than a hole in the water that you pour your money through."
Boats are just to fun and open up so many more areas to explore. Good luck with your new to you boat and remember, be careful out there. Enjoy

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys,

Thank you! And yes waterdog, the money is already pouring in :tongue: ...has appointment for trailer work (bearing buddies, brake flush kit), boat work (remote for kicker, crab pot boom, motor service, etc).

Sturgeon 42, can't say yet...will have to see how much I like the boat and what upgrades go in :grin:

HawgJaw, I was just going through the tackle box making sure I have all the right stuff for the hawg chase :dance:

Now if I can only find someonelse that has weekdays off for day trips to Alsea... :cheers:

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
RTB,

I'd think of something cute to say like the rest of these guys, but I'm tooooo busy hanging jewelry on my new boat! Ha!

Sounds like you're doing the same.

Have fun and congrats! Oh, and be careful while you're out there.
:cheers:
Skein

1 - 8 of 8 Posts