IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 10 year old son and I went to the party this morning, what am impressive sight!!! Hundreds of people. The food was excellent and the company too. We'll definitely be back next year.

Lindsay Ball came for a few hours and was very impressed with the numbers and dedication. Good job Jerry and Crew. :smile:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
elkoholic; THANK YOU. Glad you and your son had a good time. It really was a great day. We clipped 93,320 fish. Not bad for a bunch of volunteers, huh. We broke a record today, 15 years of clipping, and today was the first time it rained at lunch time. It wasn't bad and we had our new building to get into, thanks to Loren Parks. Sure were a lot of ifishers. Jen was there and so was Bill. I did not go to the Jetty party, this old man's body was tired. We had close to 400 folks show up. Now if we can get that many to be in Salem on the 24th for the ODFW fee hearing we will be ok. On behalf of the board of directors of Tillamook Anglers I want to say THANK YOU, to all that fin clipped today. Jerry

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
It was a lot of fun. I brought my two daughters with me and they were fascinated by the whole process. They were also fascinated by the salamanders in the pond.

:cheers: to all who took the time to show up. I must say I like the adipose clip a whole lot better than the maxillary clip we do on the Rhoades pond fish. :wink:

See ya there on the 14th of June.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Yup, as always a fun time. :grin:

For the first time in ten years I've done this event I was a score keeper. Had several ifishers in the my group and some real neat kids. One little girl ,who was cute as a button, about 7 or 8, clipped all day. :bowdown: She would just raise her hand. I had to pay special attention to her so I didnt miss her count. There were a couple of boys that were maybe 10 and they clipped all day as well. Really neat to see some of the kids get in there a work hard. They all had cold, wet hands and never complained. Really cool!!!!!
:bowdown:

Now, if I could just keep from hearing voices yelling "TEN" at me........ :wink:

Rich

·
Registered
501 Posts
This was my second year of clipping little fins, and I have to say it is just amazing how fast it goes. I was clipping at the top of the water shute and it didn't seem like much was getting done. When I took a break and checked out the other end, I saw just how fast those little guys were coming out. :shocked: I think by lunch we had clipped around 60,000. All in all had a great time and met some nice people. Thanks again to Jerry Dove for all he does on this project.

love2fish

·
Administrator
119,608 Posts
I had a blast, too!
I didn't get to stay all day, cuz I had to go cook dinner for the kids, and take care of them, so that I could go to the Steelheader Banquet and Auction.

Really fun to meet lots of ifishers, too!
There were some kids who really clip fast!

Jen

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
WaterDog,

"Cute as a button". Is this the Girl?

Unfortunately my newer digital wasn't working. So I have to do some extensive editing with a lot of the pic's before I can post some more.

Jetty pic's taken outside turned out satisfactory. Will post.

Dan

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Dan, you da man! That's her. She did a great job and clipped lots of fins. :cool:

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Awesome bunch of people. Glad I finally made the treck! Was real grateful to meat a bunch of I fisher's even though at times I have been a bit radical. Nobody held anything against me and I was emphatically meeting everyone. The trip was a real blessing.

Bummed I didn't get there in time to meet Jennie and Pete. That would have been nice!

Bumped into a gal that had a real nice Nikon and talked to her for a brief moment. She was from the Statesman Journal and I would suspect some great pic's from her if anyone has the time to look into it.

Great time, great food, great fellowship, what more can you ask for? Weather! Ah, actually it had it’s ups and downs, but it turned out great at the jetty gig. I don’t know whether it was Jennies sun dance or Roy’s sun following, but it was great!

Let’s do it again Roy!

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
And the boys were there fin clipping also, but they stayed to the North End because of all the "cooties" in the middle.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
For those of you who haven't joined in this event - lemme tell ya, you sure have been missing out! It was great fun! Young and old side-by-side, clip-clip-clip... yelling "10" or "Fish" or "wigglers - we got wigglers" all day. Twice I gave up my spot for someone who had been waiting patiently for a turn at clipping. Odd - seeing people lined up waiting for their "turn" at "work."

I've got some pics. Will post as soon as I can locate the camera (It's awol again!) :depressed:

·
Registered
13,253 Posts
Somebody stole the "boys" and "girls" tags off the bathroom doors. Kind of funny, not sure if they were returned but I assume it was a prank.

I kept watching and watching and watching, I was gonna steal the batteries out of the handheld microphone, :wink: The microphone operator never set it down, as a matter of fact he never quit talking into it. I thought he was practicing for a filibuster if he ever gets re-elected :wink: :tongue:

·
Premium Member
30,286 Posts
This was my first time, too. I really enjoyed it and I will be back. I was counting this as part of the volunteer credit hours I have to accumulate as part of the Master Hunter Program . . . I took advantage of Lindsay Ball being there and got him to sign my volunteer work certificate . . . 'bet no body at ODFW will challenge that one . . . . . Don

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Hey baitaeggs. all that talking in to the mike sure keep the thing rolling and did not do to bad on the raffle and the auction. We even got a pretty nice price out of the rod you made an donated. Thanks for your help. Jerry

·
Registered
784 Posts
Jerry - congratulations to you and all the others on putting together a great volunteer project.
It was well worth the long drive from Boise, Idaho. I'd really like to make this trip an annual affair if I can. I truly enjoyed meeting both Ifishers and others.

Bonus was that I came home with my Oregon Non-Resident Salmon tag fully punched out....do I have to tell my friends that I actually didn't catch these Springers? :grin:

Anybody who has not yet participated should really try to make it next year - especially if you've got kids, grandkids, or whatever. It's a real kid for kids of all ages - including us old farts!

Thanks for the experience.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts