IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here is the recipe for Filipino style Tuna Kinelaw (sushi if you will)that Mrs Fortywinks made at the Depoe Bay Carking Festival on Saturday and also made at last years ifishstock.

There are no measurements here, but the amount of ingredients depends on the amount of tuna you start with and of course your taste. Some of the ingredients such as the sweet onions, jalapenos and tomato are not necessary but add to the flavor and caters to your taste buds.

Start by soaking the tuna in vinegar for at least 5 minutes. This vinegar can be purchased at most Oriental Food stores (brand name is Datu Puti). After soaking, gently squeeze out vinegar and discard (the vinegar, not the fish) :crazy:.

Cover fish with fresh vinegar, add finely chopped ginger, chopped green onions, chopped sweet onions, and chopped tomato and squeeze in fresh lime. Season to taste with pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Let sit for at least 1/2 hour. It is even better left refrigerated overnight if you can stay away from it that long :hoboy:.

This same basic recipe is also excellent with fresh, well cleaned cockle clams.

Pilar, Puffin, Northriverdave, Waterdog and all the rest of you carkamaniacs, thanks for letting a couple of rookies join in the fun. :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

PS Still looking for that first tuna ride of this season - hint, hint. :grin:

· Registered
767 Posts
Re: Filipino style TUNA KINELAW

I'd like to personally thank you for making that on Saturday.
Perhaps when we meet again?
Thank you also for sharing this recipe with us.
That was absolutely fantastic Kinelaw! :applause: :applause: :applause:
I will be going to the Asian Market tonight and buying some of the ingredients.
Excellent!
Thank you very much.
Ragnar
:flowered:

· Registered
445 Posts

I too would like to express my sincere thanks for the culanary masterpiece you created Saturday and for sharing your recipe with the "Dogs". I unfortunatly am heading out of town for the rest of the week but will stockpile Datu Puti for the next slaying adventure. Thank you for your kindness.

· Registered
12,969 Posts

I just mentioned that to my wife, "that sounds good, like ceviche" .......NOTHING like Ceviche (sp). The best I EVER had was made by myself and a couple of "pangaleros" ON the fish cleaning table in a small "fish camp" in Mexico...MMMmmmmmmm!!! :cheers:

Thanks for the recipe....the Tuna is Thawing!! :yay:

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Keta - Glad you got some Tuners!

My wife is looking forward to meeting you sometime.

I know you will enjoy the Kinelaw. :dance: It's the bomb!

fw

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.