IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a Fenglass rod in amazing shape over the weekend and picked it up at a garage sale. I don't know anything about them other than some of you guys rave about 'em. Didn't see much on a search of the site. SO...the rod is perfect except the lettering is worn off where it tells the specs of the rod. 8 guides plus the tip. Casting rod. 7'9'' long (about). Anyone know anything about this rod? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Saw a Fenglass rod in amazing shape over the weekend and picked it up at a garage sale. I don't know anything about them other than some of you guys rave about 'em. Didn't see much on a search of the site. SO...the rod is perfect except the lettering is worn off where it tells the specs of the rod. 8 guides plus the tip. Casting rod. 7'9'' long (about). Anyone know anything about this rod? Thanks!
1/4 - 5/8 oz lure and 6-15lb line. An outstanding plug rod for steelhead!
The model probably stated FS79C before it was rubbed off. I bet you get a dozen PM's with offers! NICE FIND.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For what it's worth, I can still see about the top 1/4 of some of the numbers and I'm not sure what they say. I'll have to try and take a picture and see if you guys can decipher them for me. Skrimmy, thanks for the info! I'll have to look and see if those letters/numbers match. Also, I talked the lady down from $10 to $7.50!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I have a very similar rod by fenwick like mentioned exelent plug rod and if you do decide to part with it keep ol Just Fish here in mind:yeahthat:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I’m with Skrimmy. Only 7’9” glass casting rod Fenwick made was the FS-79C. Back in the day that was the drift rod of choice for my friends and I. Lots of steelhead fell to those rods before the first HMG or Lamiglas graphite’s where available. Great find for sure!

·
Piscatologist
2,684 Posts
You got a smok'in deal. E-bay has had a few FS79C rods go for almost 100 clams.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
my dad found a similar rod at a garage sale as well a few weeks ago

1 - 7 of 7 Posts