IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a friend for an afternoon fishing trip yesterday to see if I could help him to catch his first ever steelhead. Well the first place we stop he gets a bobberdown on a FCJ, and hooks his first steelhead ever. After a good fight He scoots it to shore and he has his first steelhead. Next hole we stop at he flips the red FCJ into the riffles and not 10 seconds later he has his second fish on. I am at this point thinking about how long it took me to get my first steelhead. I was so thrilled to see the bewilderment on his face. That look can only come from having a steelhead on the end of your line......... :dance:
After another good battle the fish is on shore and he is limited out. How cool is that!!!!!!!!
Thanks Mark for the great jigs ........Keep em coming. The ticket was a red jig under a clear bobber. Here they are..........

John

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Way to go guys. Great fish!!! :bowdown: :smile:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Those are nice fish, :cheers: Mark makes some really awesome Jigs

·
Registered
554 Posts
:bowdown: Nice fishes! I'll bet he's hooked for life. I know I was after fighting that first one! Kudos to FM also, I always enjoy it when the people I take catch fish. I don't mind if they bite my hook either though.

G

·
Nice job! :cheers: My youngest son took one out of the same place yesterday :shocked: on...of course...a First Cast Jig :grin:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Red jig?? Does anyone have a picture of what ya'll are talking about. I've gotten a few pointers for fishing the Clackamas at the current water levels...clear bobber and a small 1/4 ounce red jig....sounds easy enough...but when going to the local tackle shop...geeze...there are plenty of them little red buggers...which one is most effective...w/beads..w/out...feathers...no feathers....HELP! The Steelie I'm holding there was caught on a pink jig..rainbow brand...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Fisherfield,
Go to the First Cast Jigs website. Mark has close up photos of all of his jigs.

Here is the basic red jig produced by FCJ.

Steve :cheers:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
nice job John and friend. Those clear bobbers sure do seem to be the ticket in low water. :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts