IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in trying Hot Shots for summer steelhead and was wondering what some of you think are the best colors to use. If it makes any difference I usually fish either the N. Umpqua or Mckenzie rivers. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The old reliable Dr. Death has always produced for me. Mettalic blue was hot for Cowlitz Summers last year, so was the blue pirate color. These were the three hottest colors for me last year. Good Luck

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Anything dark.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys people. Is the Dr. Death black and purple?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dr. Death is the mettalic pink with black bill.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Later in the summer Bagleys may be worth a try.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Always worth a try.

·
Registered
391 Posts
hot shot colors i like for summer fish are copper crawfish,metallic dark green,michael jackson, flo red fire and metallic purple.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I haven't used plugs for summers much, do you guys use the same sizes as you would for winters or smaller?

I usually use 30's and 35's for winters but have never tried the smaller sizes. Will they dive deep enough and does anyone use them? Also, if the smaller sizes are used, do you upsize the hooks or just upgrade them?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Metallic Green on both rivers...and on the North Umpqua candy apple red Wee Warts have produced big time for me. I also have done well with a #50 Hot Shot with a metallic silver body that I have colored the top half of with a burgundy red permanent marker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts