IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first day on ifish and this weekend will be my first days drifting. My brother and best friend are coming out to try their luck at landing a Nookie and I don't want to let them down. We are going to anchor up in a couple of spots and use bobber and eggs/shrimp (maybe tuna balls). I've also have some kwikfish that might also be an option with the out-going or in-coming tide.

My question is... What are some other options that you are partial to, and how do you rig them up? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Even if we don't catch fish it is going to be an awesome weekend spending it with my bro and buddy! Good luck to all and hopefully I can post an awesome pic and story on Monday... Tight Lines

HobnobberBobber

G

·
I was drift fishing a favorite spot for early winter steelhead when I hooked into a 23 lb. chrome chinook on steelhead eggs! So my advice is just increase the lb. test of what you would use for steelhead and use a stouter rod. The rod I was using was a Rainshadow 1143 that I built with a Shimano 201SG Bantam reel. I landed the fish but I really put my tackle to it's limits.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Casting spinners from an achor is always an option. The good thing about a boat is that it provides mobility and access to holes that aren't accessible from the bank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts